What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB Canopy Cover for RV-6 Slider

Andy612

Before I pull the pin or purchasing a canopy cover from Bruce's Aircraft Covers, I just thought I'd check and see if someone has one collecting dust on a shelf somewhere they'd like to part with.
Thanks.

Before I pull the pin or purchasing a canopy cover from Bruce's Aircraft Covers, I just thought I'd check and see if someone has one collecting dust on a shelf somewhere they'd like to part with.
Thanks.
I don’t have a cover gathering dust on a shelf, but if you do end up looking at a new one, may I suggest checking out https://punkinheadair.com.au/ They are based in Australia.

Dianne makes covers for a wide variety of aircraft including RV’s. I bought their lightweight cover which is felt-lined where the cover comes into contact with the canopy. The cover will fit tip-up or slider and is good quality.

Don H
Sydney, Australia
20230325_165545_Original.jpeg

Andy612, I recently also needed an RV6 canopy cover. Its my impression that it doesn't make any difference what RV6 or if slider or tip-up. I looked around for US fabricators and it seemed to me that Bruce's had the overall best deal. I wasn't happy with the cost, but the value really is there. I decided to go for the "travel" cover since I needed it only for when away from my homebase and because it was a few pounds lighter than the standard cover. Its amazing how many pounds of crap piles up in the plane when traveling. While weight savings was a factor, I also wanted a "durable" (i.e., not panty weight cloth) cover and the travel cover seems durable enough for weeks of outdoor storage. Another good thing is that it has a soft fuzzy lamination underneath that helps to keep most of the canopy from scratching. Anyhow...more info than needed and YMMV.

Andy, have a look at Aerocovers.com (Canadian Company) should you decide to purchase new. . Very happy with their canopy cover on my 6A.
Regards,
John Crate

Thank you for all the responses so far. I will take a look at these other cover suppliers too!

One thing you might consider in your search. My cover reached forward enough to cover the air vent inlets and velcroed together forward of the landing gear.

Last edited:
Back