What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wheel pants

shmellott

I'm New Here
In the last AOPA magazine they had an article about the Extra 330SC. The wheel pants were scalloped out at the rear. I had never seen that before. Does anyone know what their reasoning is for doing that. I fly from a grass strip and the loose grass tends to accumulate in the rear of the wheel pants and I had considered doing something like that but never did. I don't know if they have a web separating the wheel and tire from the rear of the wheelpants but I'm sure the Extra people had a reason and was curious if any of you know what it is. Thanks

Sam
RV 801SM

In the last AOPA magazine they had an article about the Extra 330SC. The wheel pants were scalloped out at the rear. I had never seen that before. Does anyone know what their reasoning is for doing that. I fly from a grass strip and the loose grass tends to accumulate in the rear of the wheel pants and I had considered doing something like that but never did. I don't know if they have a web separating the wheel and tire from the rear of the wheelpants but I'm sure the Extra people had a reason and was curious if any of you know what it is. Thanks

Sam
RV 801SM

You would actually fiberglass a panel just behind the tire so mud and debris can’t collect at the back of the pant

Back