What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Video of My Build and Painting

mfleming

Well Known Member
Patron
Here's a video of the paint process and a bunch of stills from the 6 + year build.

It's a bit long but pretty cool.

Jeff Chomney was the videographer and worked with Cascade Customs and Designs to make the video. They're both based in Bend, OR.

https://youtu.be/0RQdRim3YmI

I booked a slot for august 2024 with cascade customs after seeing your recent post. I’m hoping for similar results!

Paint

Michael: She’s a beauty. I’m closing in on paint, can you share what color that incredible red is? Out of curiosity did they remove the aft canopy track to paint? Thanks.

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

Michael: She’s a beauty. I’m closing in on paint, can you share what color that incredible red is? Out of curiosity did they remove the aft canopy track to paint? Thanks.

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

You’ll have to ask Cascade Customs and Designs in Bend, Or. what the number is. Apparently I was the first person to chose this swatch and they’ve already have had customers ask for it. If you ask them about a RV-7 red…. They’ll know.

Yes, the canopy track came off for painting. I think the wings were the only thing not removed :D

Back