What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak Digiflight II VS - Alt capture?

blaplante

Well Known Member
I looked at the manual and I don't see this feature?

What I'm looking for is a mode to do a VS climb to a pre-set altitude.
So say we're departing the area, following a track (or GPS flight plan). Engage the autopilot, select 500 fpm climb. I want to level at 7500'.

It appears that I have to wait until reaching 7500' and then select altitude hold?

Model is a Digiflight II VS GPSS

Thanks!

What EFIS are you using?

For my GRT, you set the target altitude on the EFIS and then set the A/P to follow the EFIS with GPS flight plan.

My memory is that the Digiflight autopilots don't natively support any kind of altitude capture, but the Vizion series does.

My memory is that the Digiflight autopilots don't natively support any kind of altitude capture, but the Vizion series does.

I have two airplanes with Digiflights, and to the best of my knowledge and experience, Matt is right - without the EFIS, they will just keep climbing. They don’t know altitude, just vertical speed.

I have two airplanes with Digiflights, and to the best of my knowledge and experience, Matt is right - without the EFIS, they will just keep climbing. They don’t know altitude, just vertical speed.

Any tips on procedure for the scenario I outlined in the first post?

Or maybe even more important... how about doing step downs on an approach?
"RV 600A right turn heading 180 degrees descend and maintain 4300' "

Looks like I need to compute HEADING 180 into TRUE in my head, set a VS descent, then watch for and catch 4300'.

Last edited:
Back