What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TP724 Wire - Where is it?

rdt7

Patron
Page 10-25 of the Aft Fuselage plans involves installing the WH-00057 wiring harness. The instructions and diagrams refer to a grey/purple TP724 wire. We cannot find that wire. I called Vans Tech Support and they said the was no such wire, even though it's in the plans. Before I close everything up I thought I'd check here.

Does anyone know anything about this wire?

TP724 is definitely part of my wiring harness running into the aft tail. It breaks off and is part of the ELT install. Just confirmed
that by looking at it.

Just looked at my aft fuselage without tail surfaces and I find no Grey/purple wire. This is a March 2022 shipped harness.

Just looked at my aft fuselage without tail surfaces and I find no Grey/purple wire. This is a March 2022 shipped harness.
The plans say it's grey/purple but it's really just grey (or white - hard to tell). Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'll follow the wiring diagram and make sure the wires that come out of the front Molex go to where they are supposed to based on pin # vs. wire color.

To be fair my wire looks straight white, but is marked right at the end TP724. It is illustrated on 53-04 figure 3. Part of
the ELT Din connector.

Back