What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Keeping my washers straight

N797RV

I needed a way of organinzing the washers that come in various bags from Van's and hit on the idea of putting them on a tywrap. I put a lable on the tywrap and can also interlink the tywraps with AN-960 on one loop and the AN-960L's hooked together on another loop as in the picture.

washerontywraps5mx.jpg

Dick
Finish kit canopy
N797RV reserved

Dick,

Great idea. Do you use the tywrap that you can undo, or do you use a new one everytime you have to get a washer?

Take care,

Jim

N797RV said:
I needed a way of organinzing the washers that come in various bags from Van's and hit on the idea of putting them on a tywrap. I put a lable on the tywrap and can also interlink the tywraps with AN-960 on one loop and the AN-960L's hooked together on another loop as in the picture.

Last edited:
Keeping my washers straight

If you noticed I just stuck the tab in till is starts to ratchet and leave it. When I need to use one I cut it as close to the ratchet part as I can, take as many washers as I need and stick it back into the ratchet till it ratchets again.

The releaseable tywraps would make more sense but I got a ton of tywraps.

Dick

Dick,

Great idea that I never thought about! I agree with you, as I bought a tub of tywraps last week at HD.

Take care,

Jim
N797RV said:
If you noticed I just stuck the tab in till is starts to ratchet and leave it. When I need to use one I cut it as close to the ratchet part as I can, take as many washers as I need and stick it back into the ratchet till it ratchets again.

The releaseable tywraps would make more sense but I got a ton of tywraps.

Dick

Back