What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shipping to OSH?

jfisher

Planning to arrive at HBC on Thursday July 20th and wanted to ship our camping gear to GES. Never done this before, and would like to make sure our tote gets there on time. Could someone explain how this works?
Don't want to be stuck without a tent on the first night.
Thanks

Planning to arrive at HBC on Thursday July 20th and wanted to ship our camping gear to GES. Never done this before, and would like to make sure our tote gets there on time. Could someone explain how this works?
Don't want to be stuck without a tent on the first night.
Thanks

We carry the tent, sleeping gear, toiletries, and a change of clothes. Plus tie downs. We ship everything else. We’ll ship our stuff Tuesday week and expect to arrive ourselves the following Friday.

Basically you ship to the provided address. Then you go to the GES location and get your stuff when you arrive. Easy peasy.

Anyone know

The hours of operation for package service?

In particular, each day, Thursday- Sunday, before the show?

Pardon my ignorance but...

...we're flying in the Friday before show week via Cessna 120, so shipping our gear is the only option. :)

Do you have to be a vendor to ship to this location, or can anyone use this?

Thanks!

We carry the tent, sleeping gear, toiletries, and a change of clothes. Plus tie downs. We ship everything else. We’ll ship our stuff Tuesday week and expect to arrive ourselves the following Friday.

Basically you ship to the provided address. Then you go to the GES location and get your stuff when you arrive. Easy peasy.

Timing

My issue was getting from GEC once i got there. I arrived on Friday and that area is not open until Monday.

My issue was getting from GEC once i got there. I arrived on Friday and that area is not open until Monday.

I have always been able to get my shipment from GES either on Friday or Saturday before the show. Even picked one up one year almost an hour after they were supposed to close.

I send our camping equipment using the GES service and ship it so it arrives there Wednesday (we arrive in HBC Thursday). That way if there is a shipping delay it is sure to be there Thursday. We just summon a Welcome Wagon and they take us there to get the box. The shipping people have always been there Thursday.

Shipping to OSH

I called EAA and the guy confirmed GES will be available to hand over packages starting Thursday. Note that the shipping labels EAA provides direct that any packages should be sent for arrival between Thurs and the end of the show, but I presume if they get there Wednesday that would work!

I send our camping equipment using the GES service and ship it so it arrives there Wednesday (we arrive in HBC Thursday). That way if there is a shipping delay it is sure to be there Thursday. We just summon a Welcome Wagon and they take us there to get the box. The shipping people have always been there Thursday.

EAA says

GES will be open 8AM to 5PM each day Thursday through Sunday before the show

( email response to my question)

Back