What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section 32-08 Rivets

BOHICA

Well Known Member
Section 32 page 08 has the callouts for the baggage compartment side panel rivets. The plans callout for AN4263AD3-3 rivets. However, nowhere in the plans that I could find calls to dimple those holes on the side panels (only has you break edges on panels). No do plans have you dimple the bulkhead holes. Should these be AN470AD3-3 or AN470AD3.3.5? The Wiki does not address no dimples. However the WIKI does cover the rivet locations highlighted in Red to be AN470AD3-3.5.

Trying to decide if I should go and dimple although the rest of the rivets for the baggage floor to the bulkhead are AN470ADSide Panels.png3-3 so I am leaning that route.

Section 32 page 08 has the callouts for the baggage compartment side panel rivets. The plans callout for AN4263AD3-3 rivets. However, nowhere in the plans that I could find calls to dimple those holes on the side panels (only has you break edges on panels). No do plans have you dimple the bulkhead holes. Should these be AN470AD3-3 or AN470AD3.3.5? The Wiki does not address no dimples. However the WIKI does cover the rivet locations highlighted in Red to be AN470AD3-3.5.

Trying to decide if I should go and dimple although the rest of the rivets for the baggage floor to the bulkhead are AN470ADView attachment 603803-3 so I am leaning that route.
See the "Baggage Side Covers" section at https://vansrv14project.uk/fuselage/32-05-to-08-section-in-the-bag/. I reckoned it was a typo and they meant 470's .

Back