What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sebring Breakfast, Wed Nov 23

fl-mike

Well Known Member
I'd like to see if we can fill the ramp at Sebring the day before Thanksgiving. Lots of us working stiffs have that day off and can finally make the breakfast.
If you can make it and/or know of any from your area that will be going, reply here so I can give Dianne a rough headcount. She may need to fire up another grill or bring in extra crew.
Try to get there no later than 8:30, weather permitting. And stick around for a while so we can browse airplanes!

mike, it will be a big day at sebring. see you there.
img0254ak.jpg

img0864yb.jpg

I Would Love to Join You ....But

20tgj2g.jpg

I have a NEW CO-PILOT GRANDSON....Born yesterday. Headed to Ohio today. USAir not my RV. Still flying no-cheating, Phase 1 :)

Carston 6lbs 3oz, 19 1/4" and all is well with him and mom. Finally some good news keeps me from flying my RV.

Last edited:
KSEF

Hope to see everone there WED. Looks like there may be two RV,s, a Sonex, a Traumahawk, a 172 and maybe another plane or two from X59/Valkaria.

All weather permitting of course.:)

red sky at night, flyers delight!!!!!! see you early in the morning. pic taken 5 minutes ago.
img0275gj.jpg

WX Permitting

Hope you're right Turbo!

George and I will be there from ZPH and possibly one more. Front is coming through around 1:00-2:00PM. May have to make it a quick one.

KLAL Reported: November 22, 2011 at 7:52 PM
Valid: November 22, 2011 at 8:00 PM - November 23, 2011 at 7:00 PM
From 8:00 PM: Wind Variable at 4 kt, Visibility greater than 6 sm, Few 800', Scattered 1500', Broken 10000' (VFR)
From 1:00 AM: Wind Variable at 3 kt, Visibility 6 sm, Mist, Scattered 1000', Scattered 25000' (VFR)
From 9:00 AM: Wind 220° at 10 kt, Visibility greater than 6 sm, Scattered 5000', Scattered 8000' (VFR)
From 1:00 PM: Wind 270° at 13 gusting to 18 kt, Visibility greater than 6 sm, Scattered 3000', Broken 7000' (VFR)

carl, the 8 pm forecast looks fine for now. thats why we fly a RV, to get home fast!!!!!

You were right Turbo!

We got back before 10:00AM. ZPH had scudding clouds below a 2500ft overcast and started raining just as I pushed the airplane in the hanger.

27 RV's is a great turnout and I think there was a couple more coming in when we left. The shortest regular RV Fly In in the US - 1 1/2 hours and good food!

Hope someone took photos.

Thanks to all who made it. Great turnout! Filled the ramp and cafe nicely. I forgot my camera, but I know some others were taking photos. The run over from Venice was perfect. Smooth air and some light patches of ground fog burning off. We stayed at 1200' and enjoyed the smooth air and views.

Great turnout! Lot's of fun. Man, you gotta get there real early to get a seat at the big table! :D

Thanks for putting this together, Turbo.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Back