What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV9A Project For Sale

David Simerly

I'm New Here
Friend
Age, health and retirement finances all mandate that I sell my 9A project. It is my earnest hope that a younger, more vital aviation enthusiast will acquire the project and carry it forward. Towards that end I will donate to the purchaser the aviation tools that I've acquired over the years.

The project includes 9A kits for the empennage and for the wings.

The empennage kit was purchased in 2021. It is 95% complete. It was in my possession before the end of 2021 so there are no laser cut parts in the assembly. The purchase price was $2040.00.

The wing kit is perhaps 20% complete (spars have been assembled and wing ribs have bee riveted to those spars so, essentially, the wing skeletons are done). There were laser cut parts in this kit. All laser cut parts that were in the partially assembled left wing have been removed and replaced with parts manufactured through the CNC process. All parts that were listed by Van's as having been manufactured via the laser cut process have been removed from the kit and replaced with new CNC manufactured components. The purchase price of this kit in 2022 was $11,168.26 and included wing tips with recessed sections for nav lights as well as fuel sender systems for both wing tanks. The kit also included the center spar section which is no longer in the current wing kit (Van's has now shifted that center spar section to their 9A fuselage kit).

So adding the $2040.00 empennage kit price to the $11,168.26 wing kit price yields a total sale price for this project of $13,208.26. This price is significantly below Van's current prices for these kits ($4300 and $13,450, respectively, which results in the current Van's price tag of $17,750.

As noted above, many aviation specific tools will be donated to the individual who purchases this project. These include the 'C' Frame dimpler, a 2X rivet gun, a 3X rivet gun, hand tools needed for metal work, the cradle needed for leading edge assembly, a pneumatic rivet squeezer, two hand tool rivet squeezers, all the necessary bucking and rivet driving accessories, the vertical posts for the wing assembly jig, all the rivets, clecos, and fasteners and documents and drawings and videos and more.

Thanks for your interest.

David Simerly
e-mail is [email protected]
For direct human contact the cell phone is 415-317-2353

IMG_5062.JPG
IMG_4970.jpeg
IMG_4937.JPG

Back