What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV10 Aerosport interior panels

Weefle

Well Known Member
Just reaching out to see if anyone has left their interior panels with the color they came with. At first I considered painting them but my interior is grey and leaving them as is would fit my color scheme. Why paint if I don’t have to?

If you left them unpainted how have they held up? Are they prone to scratching, etc?

Thanks

Keith

Panels

Just reaching out to see if anyone has left their interior panels with the color they came with. At first I considered painting them but my interior is grey and leaving them as is would fit my color scheme. Why paint if I don’t have to?

If you left them unpainted how have they held up? Are they prone to scratching, etc?

Thanks

Keith

I used the tan panels and they are fine. Haven’t found that they scratch and they still look good. Why paint if they work with your colors?

We left the panels grey on a -10 I helped build. As Bob said, they’ve held up fine. One benefit is the color runs throughout the thickness of the panel. If you do scratch them, the color remains the same and much less noticeable than if you had painted them.

I painted mine a different shade of gray and have been flying for over ten years. The panels still look like new. There is special SEM product that you have to use with the kydex panels. Areosport can tell you the product name.

After looking at the interior of a few vehicles I’ll leave things unpainted. Save some weight too!

Thanks for the replies
Keith

Ha - at least you got them !

3 times I have tried to place a $3,000 order with them and nothing.......

Given up - going to deal with SF instead. :(

I’ve experienced similar struggles over the last few years. I was told by an extremely good source that they’ve very recently made personnel changes. I suspect their service will improve. They make exceptionally nice products. You might consider giving them another chance.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear this. I have always had good response from Will at Aerosport. Not sure what’s going on there.

Keith

Back