What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Sheet metal repair in N. Texas?

Neal@F14

Well Known Member
A buddy of mine backed his RV-4 into a hangar support pole and crunched the trailing edge of his aileron today. He doesn't really have the time to re-skin/repair the aileron himself and asked me to see if there's anyone in the north Texas area that can do the job and would want the work. He said he doesn't need an immediate rush job but doesn't want it to languish in a shop for 3 months either. Any ideas?

EDIT: Found this thread (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=72280&highlight=aileron+interchangeable) that suggests that the RV4 and RV-8 ailerons are interchangeable... Is that really true? IF so, it may be a lot easier to just order the pre-punched parts for an RV-8 aileron and just simply build a new one rather than drill out all the rivets and re-skin the old one.

I was concerned that the original RV-4 aileron might be built peculiar to fit only the original wing since it's a slow-build component. Can anyone advise?

Last edited:
Back