What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV interior panels with add-ons

ccoady454

My dad and I "finished" our RV-8 back in October 2021, and had first flight in spring of 2022, but the plane isn't really "finished" yet since I'm still working on the cosmetics on the inside of the cockpit. We currently have our temporary seats still in use and I decided to make my own wall panels that are functional as well as matching the overall paint scheme.

The panels have a honeycomb pattern where I have made some attachments that snap in place (which I've decided to bond in place to be permanent once I like the placement). The panels are attached to the walls dual lock fasteners, similar to "velcro" but a stronger hold.

I made a form fitting headset hanger and controller box for the Bose A-20, cellphone pockets for out phones in their case, air worthiness certificate display, etc. I plan to post more pictures if anyone has any interest in this for their plane.

I'll post some updates if there's any interest in this project moving forward. Also pictures is my Tazmanian devil rear seat iPad mini mount. I have one for my full size iPad in a case as well. (air airport identifier is TAZ).

Back