What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Flight To Grandmother's House We Go...

Nice story Doug! I have found that most of the time when I see small blobs of green on the XM, it is rarely reaching the ground - all Virga. It's really neat to learn to correlate what you see on the XM and what it looks like outside - after a year of flying with it, I am beginning to learn it....;)

Paul

Over the river is great, but nice to see that you didn't go through the woods :D

The light green blobs occasionally result in a few sprinkles (just enough to help wash bugs off) but don't seem to produce much in the way of rain. Kind of fun to see how XM matches up with what's outside the window.

TODR

Blue triangle?

Hi Doug,
I played with my 496 on the way back from a field but I can't get the blue triangles to show on the screen. In the menu section of the weather page it shows blue triangles for VFR but how do you enable them?

Thanks,

Hi Doug,
I played with my 496 on the way back from a field but I can't get the blue triangles to show on the screen. In the menu section of the weather page it shows blue triangles for VFR but how do you enable them?

Thanks,
I think you wanted The Original DR, but the blue triangles are (IIRC) METARs - blue for VFR.

TODR

TOAD is right, Pierre. Metars. They just started appearing next to airports with reporting stations when my XM WX was enabled.

b,
d

Back