What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RIP Rod Bower

HFS

Well Known Member
Rod passed away last week. He will be missed - but he is in a better place now!

HFS

Rod Bower Has Passed

Folks:

I had an order to Rod Bower to replace the reeds in my Rad Bower induction system. I had talked to hem recently and he told me he had not cashed the check I sent him, and he would get it done soon.

His daughter called me tonight and said that he had passed away, and she was sending my voided check back.

I'm so sorry to hear he's gone. He was a great guy, aircraft builder and designer. My RV-10, and many other aircraft fly much faster and more efficient, because of his ram air induction systems.

Blue skies and tailwinds my friend.....

Boy, very sorry to hear this. He was one of the early RVers, and then built that beautiful Stewart-51. Always fun to talk to.

Fooey

When I had my parachute rigging business he called for service and advice and was a pleasure to work with. He made a clear distinction between his expertise and mine and was as professional as could be. He was someone with their ego in check who could say; I know a whole lot about certain related things but I don’t know anything about this subject so please educated me. It didn’t happen often enough but is very refreshing when it does. I enjoyed my conversations with him, he was a very interesting and unique guy.

RIP Rod Bower

Last edited:
Back