What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Reno Air Races

texdog

Well Known Member
In the past, I’ve always gone to Carson City arriving Friday departing Monday, do they run out of tie down spaces? What are alternate airports that are acceptable for tie downs in the area. I have a rent car in Carson City and we could drop someone off for the car and come and get us at another airport. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The next airport just a few miles south is Minden. Lots of tiedown space there usually. rental car is a little more complicated, but I think Enterprise will still stage a car there for you.

The other option is Truckee. Same as above.

I've always flown into KCXP, and the only year that tiedowns were an issue was when half the parking area was closed for repaving. I talked to the FBO last week and was assured there was "plenty of parking" for this year.

I'm coming into KCXP Friday afternoon and departing Monday morning with a car if you need a ride, staying at the Peppermill.

Reno

Greg, thanks, we are leaving Fredericksburg Thursday morning with 2 RV6As. The plan is to overnight Page and then Carson City Friday noonish. We have 4 folks and I got a car already. We are planning on lunch at Monument Valley. Let me know if you want to meet along the way.

Back