What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quick question for the Sikaflexers!

rsr3

Well Known Member
I am very close to sikaflexing my Perspex on to my 7 tip up.

A quick question regarding the primer - does it dry thoroughly if any primered area remains exposed outside of the area covered by sikaflex? I was thinking I would prime from the tip canopy frame rearwards to the big cut so that that entire 1” rear portion of the forward canopy would appear black from the outside, and if it dries like paint that would be ideal.

Thank you!

I am very close to sikaflexing my Perspex on to my 7 tip up.

A quick question regarding the primer - does it dry thoroughly if any primered area remains exposed outside of the area covered by sikaflex? I was thinking I would prime from the tip canopy frame rearwards to the big cut so that that entire 1” rear portion of the forward canopy would appear black from the outside, and if it dries like paint that would be ideal.

Thank you!
Yep, dries like paint. Nice matte black

It's also fairly abrasion resistant. Through plexi looks matte black and viewed direct more gloss.

I have a bottle of Primer 209D dated Best before 2024/04/14 and Aktivator 100 dated 08/2024 and a tube (black) dated best before end of 03/2024 all almost full. (I used it to make test articles but went with Silpruf). All kept in the refrigerator. Can't ship but can bring to SNF or pick up at X05, free. Nothing wrong with Sika, preferred to use Sil.

It's also fairly abrasion resistant. Through plexi looks matte black and viewed direct more gloss.

I have a bottle of Primer 209D dated Best before 2024/04/14 and Aktivator 100 dated 08/2024 and a tube (black) dated best before end of 03/2024 all almost full. (I used it to make test articles but went with Silpruf). All kept in the refrigerator. Can't ship but can bring to SNF or pick up at X05, free. Nothing wrong with Sika, preferred to use Sil.
Thank you for that. It’s no good to me (I’m not in the US) but hopefully someone will take you up on your kind offer!

Back