What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Professional Paint recommendations

Staleyjr

I'm New Here
Patron
I'm looking for recommendations for having my RV-10 professionally painted. The project is located in Central Florida with an anticipated completion in the spring/summer of 2025.

I've already spoken with Evoke Aircraft Design who's product is wonderful but does not fit into my time and budget constraints.

I'm looking to have the aircraft painted within the next 14-18 months and do not mind traveling to a shop if it's worth while. Any and all recommendations would be helpful, thanks in advance!

-Bill

SNF is coming so a good time to review 3 or 4 airframes from "professional" paint shops you are looking at. I've seen my share of marginal paint applications in central Florida. Do your homework or your 400k investment will come across problematic. There is a reason why some shops have a 2 and 3 year wait even with engines not being delivered.

Last edited:
Central Florida? Don’t forget to talk with John Stahr! incredible work, he can come to you if you want, and not as expensive as you might think.

Check out FullltronAviation.com You can call our paint shop at 417-988-7866. We have an RV-10 that we painted that is based at our field, 3DW. Check it out and compare the fit and finish to any paint job, from any paint shop. We can normally work you in with about a 4-5 month lead time. See pics below of RV-10 we painted. Come see it for yourself.

Dan
FulltronAviation.com
[email protected]
417-988-7866Dale F.jpgDale C.jpgDale B.jpgDale A.jpg

Has anyone had any luck contacting Glo in Dallas? I called and voicemail was only option. Sales guy didn’t call me back after a voicemail. Also reached out via message online and nothing. Called again and still to voicemail. Figure they are busy and maybe have enough biz.

Also, is Glo similar price point as Evoke?

Any other DFW area recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark

Has anyone had any luck contacting Glo in Dallas? I called and voicemail was only option. Sales guy didn’t call me back after a voicemail. Also reached out via message online and nothing. Called again and still to voicemail. Figure they are busy and maybe have enough biz.

Also, is Glo similar price point as Evoke?

Any other DFW area recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark

An RV-14 with a "Glo" paint job is what got me building a 14. At the time, the owner just picked up the phone when he wanted some business. He admittedly didn't return calls, didn't need to, 100% booked.

Since then, I believe the original owner has moved on.

You can't go wrong with Evoke, simply the best in the business. If you do use Evoke and remember this please message me and I'll take you to lunch, we live about 15 minutes down the interstate.

Central Florida? Don’t forget to talk with John Stahr! incredible work, he can come to you if you want, and not as expensive as you might think.

Yep, Paul beat me to it.

Back