What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prima P80bis Eyeball Fixtures - Help Sourcing Correct BA9S Socket

Dad's RV-10

Well Known Member
I bought these Prima P80bis eyeball lights on eBay. They supposedly require a BA9S bayonet light socket (yes, I know these fixtures are sold elsewhere with the socket for $55).

I've scoured the internet and haven't been able to locate a BA9S socket that has a lip in the right area needed to secure under the "tangs" of the light fixture (red arrow in picture).

I guess it's possible the exact socket needed is proprietary to Prima, the Italian manufacturer of the fixtures, but I find that doubtful.

Has anyone sourced the correct BA9S sockets for these fixtures?

p80bis-600px.jpg EyeBall 2.jpg Bulb Socket.jpg

Any suggestions?
Just looked at all the links in your first post. Reading all the material, it sounds like a standard BA9s would work. Sounds like you have tried that and it did not work. My only suggestion would be to make an adapter. Some of the composite tips that Dan Horton has posted may be able to be adapted to fabracting an epoxy adapter for the BA9s that Amazon sells.

A couple of fairly simple solutions; I bought these BA9S lamp sockets and these BA9S base LED bulbs from Amazon.
BA9S Socket and LED Bulb.jpg

I soldered a 20 ga ground lead to the socket base and then shrunk a small piece of 1/2" 3:1 marine heat shrink around the base (the kind with adhesive inside).
Ground Soldered.jpg Marine Heat Shrink.jpg

That's really all it took. The added girth and friction of the small piece of heat shrink is enough for the smaller plastic tabs on the Prima P80bis to grab hold of.
Socket in Fixture.jpg

***An easier and cheaper solution***;

I took a chance and ordered the same Prima P80bis fixtures from Parts Hub Direct. The site seemed a little questionable but they are legit. The fixtures showed up in just a couple of days and included the OE BA9S socket as supplied by Prima, the Italian manufacturer. The cost from Parts Hub Direct is roughly the same as the eBay seller who's selling these same fixtures without the lamp socket (around $11 each).

Prima BA9S Socket.jpg

Last edited:
Back