What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Placard labels

togaflyer

Well Known Member
Where Can one get decent looking placard labels made up For a panel. I do not want to use a label printer. Thanks.

Where Can one get decent looking placard labels made up For a panel. I do not want to use a label printer. Thanks.

I used waterslide decals. Printed labels in font/size i wanted, used word to make borders on a few for switches. At the time, Stein was taking the printer sheets and making the labels - not sure he is anymore, but there are vendors that will do it.

Slid the decals onto my painted panel, applied multiple coats of satin clear so the decals were imbedded in the clear, final sand to a matte finish.

I do like the look of some of the laser printed panels, but have no regret doing this, and will probably do it on the Moose

Phil
KBTF
Salt Lake City
RV-10 built/flying
Murphy Moose, building

I used waterslide decals. Printed labels in font/size i wanted, used word to make borders on a few for switches. At the time, Stein was taking the printer sheets and making the labels - not sure he is anymore, but there are vendors that will do it.

Slid the decals onto my painted panel, applied multiple coats of satin clear so the decals were imbedded in the clear, final sand to a matte finish.

I do like the look of some of the laser printed panels, but have no regret doing this, and will probably do it on the Moose

Phil
KBTF
Salt Lake City
RV-10 built/flying
Murphy Moose, building

Aircraft Engravers has done lots of stuff for me. Reverse-engraved Lexan placards, caps for switches and indicator lamps, and fuel caps. Good folks and reasonably-priced.

Back