What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pg 31 & 36

billytime1

Well Known Member
On pg 31 the prints show f677 and 676 and just below and rt of the bottom of the fuse the word “ left “ appears. Am I correct that this left is for the drawing below said left word.
If not then on pg 33 f676&7 are confusing me.. in the end I dont know if it really matters . I e mailed vans a week ago , haven’t called .. but no reply.
Last time I spoke to vans I got the feeling the person on the other end might have been scrolling through a series of similar questions and answers and it made me feel like the help really didn’t have the knowledge and or expertise to answer my questions.. any tip and advice welcome on these two skins is appreciated.

Left refers to the side of the airplane on dwg 31. So, F676 goes on the left hand side of the belly under where the pilot sits and F677 goes on the right side under where the co-pilot sits.

The drawings are confusing however because dwg 36 shows the view of the belly skins with F676 on the right and F677 on the left, so it is opposite to and contradicts dwg 31!

I don't think it actually matters which goes where because the ribs are symmetric anyway.

There are quite a few drawing errors like this that have never been corrected....

Last edited:
Thank you

It took me a month of thinking on it between work, golf, work , flying, fixing my truck, golf, and birthday season.. I arrived at that same conclusion.. as Long as the ribs line up I could not see the big deal. I spoke with me professor at an and p school( I’m a drop out) and he recommended I post here.. thanks LP. :).
I will build on and thank you for confirming what I was thinking

Back