What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Parts for Trutrak AS autopilot

mckay57

Our RV-10 (built 2008) has a Sorcerer Trutrak AS autopilot. While doing our annual a few weeks ago, the plane failed its static test. After much testing, we found that the plastic piece on the back of the autopilot was cracked and leaking. We have tried looking for over a week, and can not find a replacement part as this model autopilot was discontinued a while back. Hoping I can find someone that has an old one laying around. If anyone has parts, I’m willing to buy them.

Thanks for any help.

Mac

Mac — I hope you find the replacement. If not —- I had similar issue on my 2010 RV10 with the TruTrac Digitrac II. I took the unit out, made sure I had the fittings installed and covered the plastic and the bottom of the fittings with ShooGoo. (E6000 is similar stuff).

I let it set for a couple of days and then reinstalled and had another static test done and it passed with no issues. Something to try if you don’t locate a replacement.

I’ve just completed a panel upgrade but this held for over 18 months. I checked it when I pulled it and it was still air tight.

Regards,
Doug

Kevin O, I tried Mid Continent, no luck. Thanks for checking to see if you have one. I really need it. Please let me know if you find one.

7DeltaLima, we have a friend (engineer) with a 3 D printer who is going to try to replicate the part. Hopefully that will work. I appreciate the suggestion about shoogoo. My partner and I discussed something similiar, we just were not sure what to use.

Thanks guys for your input.

Mac

As I recall, the early plastic fitting blocks were replaced with machined alum units. Should be a fairly simple job to make up your own alum blocks.

Sorry i cannot find the spare i had..i do have a complete RV10 autopilot if anyone is interested. Try trutrak Andrew on this forum.

Back