What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Painting stencil with Vans logo

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I searched but haven’t found a stencil yet.

Anyone know of a source?

It would be great if the mothership sold these.

Attachments

• IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Lettering etc.

I searched but haven’t found a stencil yet.

Anyone know of a source?

Aerographics.com will work with you and make about anything you can think of that needs to be on your airplane! They do great work and are very reasonable.

Order their catalog: FREE! Look on page 47 (under Taylorcraft??) Column A, Line 5 is what you are looking for. Comes 10" by 12.1 inch in various colors!

Last edited:
To be honest, in todays world, I don't think Vans Aircraft should sell OR authorize anyone to sell stencils.

While 98% of the uses would be innocent enough, like the banner flags many of us have in our hangars, garages, "person" caves, and the like, there remains a real risk of the copyrighted/trademarked logo being used for less than innocent purposes.

Sad commentary on the US population, but we all know them peoples exist. Right down to having to over-police our very nice classified forum in this web community.

Interesting logo and markings usage guidelines from Van's:

"Whether you are an employee of Van’s Aircraft, an agency tasked with helping us promote our brand, a media outlet, a distributor or a customer, we appreciate your commitment to ensuring that the Van’s Aircraft logo is always reproduced in accordance with the usage guidelines we’ve established.

..."

Last edited:
Any decal shop worth anything can see it online and reproduce it in minutes. I made a rough drawing of a logo for my airport and he made it into a real logo in about 15 minutes.

Attachments

• vaca-moo wings FINAL Vectorized.jpg
    vaca-moo wings FINAL Vectorized.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 24
Back