What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Non kit orders being filled?

Anyone ordered non-kit items from Vans recently? Like flying, I keep trying to quit this building thing, but I'm already addicted.

I was about to finish the tanks on my RV7a when all this happened - and my sealant timed out. I need sealant and a few other things and hoping to help them out but haven't kept up with all this laser cut part thing. (I did request my replacement items, but can keep working for a while without them.)

thanks!

Van's is up and operating very well. I just received my Wings about a month ago. And have subsequently order more parts. Should be no problem.

I ordered some weatherstripping for under the tip-up, came in about a week. They initially rejected my credit card for "fraud" which delayed the order by a handful of days until I took action. That's never happened before. But otherwise they're shipping.

Back in December before Christmas, I ordered a few small sheet metal parts, some hardware, and two hats. Order showed up a few weeks later minus one hat. I forgot that I ordered two different hats and the 2nd one showed up in February. Hat may have been in stock when I ordered but was back ordered when my order was packed. I was surprised when it showed up as I did not remember seeing in on my invoice. There was small print on my invoice that it was backordered. I was not billed additional shipping for the hat but I was billed for the hat when it shipped.

I placed an order with Vans for some parts early last week and tracking says I will have them tomorrow.

Anyone ordered non-kit items from Vans recently? Like flying, I keep trying to quit this building thing, but I'm already addicted.

I was about to finish the tanks on my RV7a when all this happened - and my sealant timed out. I need sealant and a few other things and hoping to help them out but haven't kept up with all this laser cut part thing. (I did request my replacement items, but can keep working for a while without them.)

thanks!
Made several parts orders in past few weeks. They shipped them all within 3 days

I placed a large order of parts in early January that included many that still show as “back ordered” on the store. I had to call my order in, but it was accepted and shipped out about 2 weeks ago. So not only are they processing orders, but they do seem to have more in stock than they show online. I suspect they are doing that to deter people from trying to order a bunch of LCP replacement parts out of line.

I just finished my annual condition inspection yesterday, ordered several parts during that, they shipped just fine.

Ordered several small parts a few weeks ago on the weekend, shipped out Monday and got them on Thursday. The seem to be running just fine in that regard.

I have received multiple shipments. Getting engine mount, canopy frame, etc this week. Received both HS SB parts, control cables, fuel valve, non lcp parts. They are starting to fire on 4 of the 6 cylinders it seems.
For all those that lost time and $$, I wish you the best to keep building now if possible.

If you need sealant I wouldn’t buy that from Vans right now. The new sealant might not be much fresher than what you already have.
I got some late December with a shelf life expiring early January, about two weeks from the day I got my hands on it.

If you need sealant I wouldn’t buy that from Vans right now. The new sealant might not be much fresher than what you already have.
I got some late December with a shelf life expiring early January, about two weeks from the day I got my hands on it.
I ordered some from Van's and got it in early February. Expiration is in June. Not great, but not nearly as bad as yours. Where else can you get it from?

I ordered some from Van's and got it in early February. Expiration is in June. Not great, but not nearly as bad as yours. Where else can you get it from?
I ordered some of the orange kind (for access panel) from skygeek. They have a large variety of sealant.

I placed an order for NACA vent kit, extra vent hose, and two Vent SV-6 Black aluminum vents in mid February using Vans online ordering system. Credit card went thru first time no issues and the order arrived at my door in Michigan 9 days later. All of the vent items were as expected and the aluminum vents, the expensive items are perfect. I checked to know each item was listed as “in stock” before ordering. Very happy with the turnaround time.

I've placed several small orders for replacement parts in the last month (the latest this week), including some by phone for "backordered" parts and some through the web store. No credit card issues, and Van's shipped all the parts within a couple of days, ahead of what I expected. It's led me to wonder why I have to call to order "backordered" items when they enter them just like a web order, but I've been very happy with the service nevertheless. It feels much more like Van's did when I first started building a couple of years ago.

I've placed a bunch of small parts/supplies orders over the past couple months. All of them shipped within a couple days. And as usual, all of them were expertly packed. I think Vans does a better job packing items than any company I've ever dealt with. Vans is doing a great job with small parts orders!

Back