What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need a place to park a -4

cguarino

Well Known Member
I will be TDY to Tyndall AFB from 10 Jun to 20 Aug 14 and I'd like to bring my -4. I don't like big airports but I'm not finding a lot of small airports around Panama City. Does anyone know of a good place where I could tie down or better yet rent some hangar space for a couple of months? Thanks.

Can't land at Tyndall? I kept my -9A at Maxwell for 6 weeks. Base Ops guys were very easy to work with.

To land at an AF installation you have to fill out DD Forms 2401 / 2402 and send, with copies of your insurance to:

HQ USAF/A30-BC
Mr Gabby Gabonia
112 Luke Ave Suite 340
JBAB DC 20032-6400
(202) 404-7886

This is also where you'll need to send the DD Forms 2401 and 2402.

A year after initial approval, have your insurance company send Gabby a fresh 2400, and you'll need to send Gabby a freshly signed 2401. Repeat yearly.

The DD Form 2402 is done initially and good forever thereafter.

ref:
There are two forms you must submit to the AF POC at the pentagon (proof of insurance, hold harmless), and in return, he'll send you authorization. Read Air Force Instruction 10-1001 (Civil Aircraft Landing Permits) for the details. The Rules Table starting on page 5 tells who is authorized to land a civilian aircraft at a military installation.

:cool:

Back