What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My "Rocket" Panel :)

aadamson

Well Known Member
Ok, so it's not technically an F1 Rocket, but it will be faster (a rocket my book :) )... Here's the panel of my Lancair Legacy FG with stuff stuffed in holes altho, not everything is complete :). I'm working on wiring and needed stuff stuffed.

DSCN1666.sized.jpg

DSCN1682.sized.jpg

DSCN1678.sized.jpg

DSCN1670.sized.jpg

DSCN1680.sized.jpg

Beautiful.....

Really beautiful Alan,
Three questions:
Is that a crinkle-paint finish or what?

Where did you get the silk screening done?

Are you a member of EAA at LZU?

Regards,

Proposed rule

There ought to be a rule on this forum:

You're welcome to post pictures or information about non-RVs BUT you can't show photos of an airspeed indicator with such huge numbers!

Just kidding...beautiful job.

mgomez said:
There ought to be a rule on this forum:

You're welcome to post pictures or information about non-RVs BUT you can't show photos of an airspeed indicator with such huge numbers!

Just kidding...beautiful job.

Hehe, that was a good one... Ok, let's see if I can answer all the quesitons.

a) Yes, I am a member of the LZU EAA chapter :)
b) The panels are powder coated with a Morton powdercoating called Pachyderm Grey, the frame is a matching paint that matches a Morton powdercoat called Storm Grey
c) the silkscreen was done by a guy in the Redmond, Or area. Unfortunately, I don't know their names.
d) An SL-40 will go under the SL-30. I only bought the tray for now. Now if I could just find some one wanting to sell their 40 and upgrade to a 30 :)...
e)... Yes, cruise speeds should be somewhere around 230kts (which will be pretty close to the top of the green arch even on that AS indicator :)...

Thanks all. I'll update once I complete the other hand ful of missing items.

Back