What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Minimize Scam Risk: FaceTime and/or Zoom EVERY Classified Transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
HEY LOOK AT ME!!!!

When somebody occasionally gets their money taken here by a scammer, they have NEVER FaceTime or Zoom'd the seller/buyer. Ever.

Scammers won’t FaceTime or Zoom....full stop.

If a person wants to buy or sell something and they are not willing to FaceTime or Zoom you with them holding the object, you would be very wise to consider that person a scammer. If their post doesn't contain the words "I'm willing to FaceTime/Zoom regarding this..." you should immediately consider them a scammer. I would. It's built into your phone - there is nothing complicated about FaceTime, and it eliminates all doubt instantly.

Internet scammers are slimy little vermin who deserve prison, but they won't FaceTime or Zoom. This makes them easy to spot.

Helpful links: How to Record a FaceTime conversation.

You've been told again here just how easy it is to protect yourself. Will you take 15 seconds to do it?

You’re certainly allowed to buy and sell without doing any of this, but it’s your money at risk, not mine. And I tried to warn you. Remember that. I did warn you...multiple times. And you still chose to ignore it. 🙄

v/r,dr

PS: It is my hope people will paste a copy of this thread's URL into suspect classified listings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back