What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MFD's

johnp

Well Known Member
i've pretty much decided on a grt efis, but would like something more in the mfd department -- specifically, something like a gmx-200 with chartview and wx-worx. (i know you can get the wx-worx with the grt). the idea of having the approach plates on the mfd is "calling my name." however, the cost of the gmx-200/chartview/gdl-69 is not so appealing.

i've recently started looking at the "flight cheetah 210" and other offerings such as flitesoft (rmstek).

anyone have any experience with any of these alternative products, or anything else that might offer a good moving map, ifr charts, and wx?

thanks,

john

Well, why not the GMX-200 / MX-20 you've already identified? As you note, the cost is not cheap, but I don't think you're going to get lower costs for anything that has that capability, e.g., approach chart overlays, IFR or VFR chart depiction, terrain profile, etc.

I think the Avidyne EX500 is a little less $, but I don't think it maps as well. I always like that the MX-20 screen can be made to look like a chart - less time spent trying to go back to the chart and then to the MFD.

TODR

Back