What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for RV-4 wing tanks

I have been getting frequent leaks from rivets in my tanks and am fed up fixing them one by one. Does anyone have any RV-4 tanks (complete or needing assembly) so that I could start again with some new tanks that don't leak! Or does anyone know about purchasing only the components for the tank assembly from the kits from Vans?

Call/PM/email Bruce Macdonald 251-214-5274 [email protected]
N9547H located in NW Florida

I have a set in central FL. These, or any others, aren’t gonna work for you. Consider each of these as custom as they are built to plans so holes end up where they end up.

Your first real option is a complete strip and reseal, IMHO. Second would be new tank build which isn’t that hard but you’ll have a lot of hole duplication to do and lots of opportunities for mistakes.

Best of luck.

I have been getting frequent leaks from rivets in my tanks and am fed up fixing them one by one. Does anyone have any RV-4 tanks (complete or needing assembly) so that I could start again with some new tanks that don't leak! Or does anyone know about purchasing only the components for the tank assembly from the kits from Vans?

Call/PM/email Bruce Macdonald 251-214-5274 [email protected]
N9547H located in NW Florida
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bruce

Why don't you give a call to these guys, they'll fix them up for you...and most likely cheaper than a new set of tanks

Good Luck

Back