What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LCP - submission of claim for affected parts (red and yellow)

With most of the information out there (kit prices updated, LCP report, avionics/engine/props updated prices) and claims deadline looming, what's the status on the LCP replacement? Has anyone received any info from Vans regarding LCP replacement for red and yellow parts? Do we have to submit a claim for those affected parts?

This is the first claim that I see to address this: https://docs.bmcgroup.com/VansAircraft/claims/537_00000267.PDF

Shall we all do this? I have not received any LCP update from Vans and I have Empennage, QB Wings and QB Fuselage with possible LCP issues.

I think we're all waiting for Van's to contact us with individualized lists of LCPs, at which point we tell Van's our intention about what we want replaced for free and what we want at their post inflation (+75%) discounted (-25%) price. Nothing in the instructions we received so far has anything to do with filing a proof of claim, as far as I'm aware. I hope I'm not just being naive.

I am, however, fully ready with my parts replacement decisions once Van's does eventually contact me.

Yes, Van's sent me a list of potential LCP parts in my empennage kit and asked which I'd like replaced. I got the impression it was because my wing kit was ready and they wanted to ship everything together. So it is happening, but who knows when they'll get to you.

I received emails from Van’s regarding replacement parts for my specific empennage kit. I expect its a manual process that will take some time to reach everyone affected. Sumitted pictures of the fully assembled emp kit, provided a list of parts needed and received confirmation they received the list. They were only enquiring about the emp kit at this point, I expect similar emails in the future regarding replacement parts for the wing and fuse kits, although those only had a few red or yellow parts. Ordered in ’21.

I'm still waiting for that contact as well, I purchased all the blue parts (accepting the green) myself and a small number of yellow/red to keep me building the wings while waiting for the rest. That Feb 12 claim date is getting closer all the time - if I don't get a contact soon about the remaining LCP's I'll fill a claim for them to put a pin in it.

I was contacted on January 8th to see which LCP's I wanted to replace for my wing kit. I picked them up at Vans a couple days later.

I'm still waiting for that contact as well, I purchased all the blue parts (accepting the green) myself and a small number of yellow/red to keep me building the wings while waiting for the rest. That Feb 12 claim date is getting closer all the time - if I don't get a contact soon about the remaining LCP's I'll fill a claim for them to put a pin in it.
With most of the information out there (kit prices updated, LCP report, avionics/engine/props updated prices) and claims deadline looming, what's the status on the LCP replacement? Has anyone received any info from Vans regarding LCP replacement for red and yellow parts? Do we have to submit a claim for those affected parts?

This is the first claim that I see to address this: https://docs.bmcgroup.com/VansAircraft/claims/537_00000267.PDF

Shall we all do this? I have not received any LCP update from Vans and I have Empennage, QB Wings and QB Fuselage with possible LCP issues.
I just received my first batch of replacement parts today for my RV8 empennage kit (that was completed last year.) Vans emailed me their personalized list of what they thought I needed three weeks ago and I responded within a couple of days. Still waiting on the replacement parts I requested for my wing kit that’s currently under construction.

For the empennage kit, I only requested parts to rebuild the trim tab as the majority of my kit did not include “red” or “yellow” parts. FWIW, I did not file a claim.

J. Baker
RV8 Fastback

I intend to file a separate claim for my completed emp kit. I haven't received anything regarding replacing parts in the kit and the deadline to file is pretty close. Even with the full engineering assessment, it hasn't seemed to add confidence in the second market for me selling the kit. Since Vans wants to try to make customers whole after chapter 11 and based on the "what is a claim" letter we received, I consider filing to be the right choice. Worst case, it gets voided but after chapter 11 it doesn't seem like there is any legal protection for those with LCP aside from Vans' intent to at some point send replacements. Since my kit has been for sale for over a month without any interest, I'd rather just play it safe.

I have yet to work through the list of needed replacements to total the cost with the new pricing. With 3 kits it's over 200 parts. Is this how others are coming up with a value to put in your claim?

I intend to file a separate claim for my completed emp kit. I haven't received anything regarding replacing parts in the kit and the deadline to file is pretty close. Even with the full engineering assessment, it hasn't seemed to add confidence in the second market for me selling the kit. Since Vans wants to try to make customers whole after chapter 11 and based on the "what is a claim" letter we received, I consider filing to be the right choice. Worst case, it gets voided but after chapter 11 it doesn't seem like there is any legal protection for those with LCP aside from Vans' intent to at some point send replacements. Since my kit has been for sale for over a month without any interest, I'd rather just play it safe.
Having spent 10yrs to 'finish' a RV-6A "quickbuild" Kit, which included 3 yrs of 'life gets in the way' and several yrs of slow building while accumulating funds, my perspective is probably atypical in today's environment of Experimental. However, The one observation that seems most applicable is "I'd rather play it safe".
In an uncertain future there is time to wait, let the dust settle a bit and plan for various contingencies. If your kit has been 'for sale' for over a month, it seems that you were expecting to bailout, so to speak. USAF training taught me to never bailout of a perfectly good airplane, and not to expect a successful bailout of an uncontrollable airplane. (They removed the parachutes from the KC-135A's we had because repacking every 120 days was too much maintenance for parachutes under the above philosophy.) This "airplane" (Vans) is still flying and promises to make a full recovery to stabilized operation, IMHO. I fully expect that a few bumps will continue to be experienced, but why expect someone to "buy" your kit, NOW, when the answers are not provided for prospective buyers to make the same decisions you are unable to make today? Let the dust settle, get the answers and fly on into the future ... as you hope and expect to do.
I haven't seen your ad, but as a former builder, and owner/flyer of that 1997 RV-6A QuickBuild kit, I know it was a bargain after the first owner abandoned it for 9 yrs with almost no effort to 'build on' when he encountered a few bumps in the road. I essentially bought (QB) Wings, (QB) Fuselage and (QB) Empennage for about 1/3 of the value because he bought a flying RV and moved on. My gain, and I was happy, still am. It first flew in 2017, when I was ready to enjoy the fruits of my labor.
YMMV, your map of your life determines your pace, but looking back from my perspective, I appreciate the journey and bumps.

I have yet to work through the list of needed replacements to total the cost with the new pricing. With 3 kits it's over 200 parts. Is this how others are coming up with a value to put in your claim?
I have 3 kits with 317 lcp. 122 are red/yellow & the remaining 195 are blue/green. The replacement cost for all (using updated pricing) is slightly shy of $10k once taxes and shipping are factored in.

If I file, I will do so based on new pricing and how Van’s handles my red & yellows (I’ve heard nothing).

Sidebar: It seems I will have to file for my Aerosun VXi wingtips because I’ve heard absolutely nothing about them.

Having spent 10yrs to 'finish' a RV-6A "quickbuild" Kit, which included 3 yrs of 'life gets in the way' and several yrs of slow building while accumulating funds, my perspective is probably atypical in today's environment of Experimental. However, The one observation that seems most applicable is "I'd rather play it safe".
In an uncertain future there is time to wait, let the dust settle a bit and plan for various contingencies. If your kit has been 'for sale' for over a month, it seems that you were expecting to bailout, so to speak. USAF training taught me to never bailout of a perfectly good airplane, and not to expect a successful bailout of an uncontrollable airplane. (They removed the parachutes from the KC-135A's we had because repacking every 120 days was too much maintenance for parachutes under the above philosophy.) This "airplane" (Vans) is still flying and promises to make a full recovery to stabilized operation, IMHO. I fully expect that a few bumps will continue to be experienced, but why expect someone to "buy" your kit, NOW, when the answers are not provided for prospective buyers to make the same decisions you are unable to make today? Let the dust settle, get the answers and fly on into the future ... as you hope and expect to do.
I haven't seen your ad, but as a former builder, and owner/flyer of that 1997 RV-6A QuickBuild kit, I know it was a bargain after the first owner abandoned it for 9 yrs with almost no effort to 'build on' when he encountered a few bumps in the road. I essentially bought (QB) Wings, (QB) Fuselage and (QB) Empennage for about 1/3 of the value because he bought a flying RV and moved on. My gain, and I was happy, still am. It first flew in 2017, when I was ready to enjoy the fruits of my labor.
YMMV, your map of your life determines your pace, but looking back from my perspective, I appreciate the journey and bumps.
Your opinion is noted. However, my observation since the beginning of the LCP has been the issue has been people saying "have faith in Vans" or "let the dust settle" but the whole situation just continued to deteriorate. After the filing deadline, Vans is no longer liable for anything pre-chapter 11.
I also don't equate financial decisions the same as flying aircraft, its an apples and oranges comparison.

Almost everyone here is building on and strives for the best outcome for Vans, which is to continue their operations. You are among the lucky ones not facing a decision to put more funds into a project nor having to decide to put their loved ones in a plane with LCP. Some of us here have days to take these decisions not years, all based on a 6 months long assessment / study done by Vans while for the past 30 years we were told (Vans including) to be careful with cracks.

Your kit, my words: “why expect someone to "buy" your kit, NOW, when the answers are not provided for prospective buyers to make the same decisions you are unable to make today?“ That’s the point. You and others are debating the decisions to make today, and already put your kit up for sale, did I read that right? My anecdotal perspective was just to point that out. You want answers, your potential buyers will want answers you can’t give buyers now. Safety experts have said, “fly the airplane all the way to the crash” (when the plane stops moving), The expectation others make about the kit you wish to sell are based on the same uncertainty you have. by the way, right?
Didn’t mention but I DO have a kit that I’m working on, it’s affected by the same parts issues that concern you. It’s a kit that someone else abandoned years ago, life happened and he couldn’t build a dream at that time. It’s now an antique (-12ULS version in a -12iS world). But it can be rehabilitated, brought up to current specs, and used to finish someone’s dream. Parts replacement now is delayed, more expensive and potentially could become unavailable. Many unknowns and uncertain outcomes. Might be an aluminum ’boat anchor’ or remain a ‘hangar ornament‘ a conversation piece and learning experience.
I didn’t ask, why are you selling you kit? Did you decide to jump ship immediately and sell it all? Nobody jumped on the bargain? I’m not asking, just pondering, musing. We’ll have answers soon, and then can make informed decisions and take action. Ready, Set, G….
be optimistic and keep pounding those rivets.

Your kit, my words: “why expect someone to "buy" your kit, NOW, when the answers are not provided for prospective buyers to make the same decisions you are unable to make today?“ That’s the point. You and others are debating the decisions to make today, and already put your kit up for sale, did I read that right? My anecdotal perspective was just to point that out. You want answers, your potential buyers will want answers you can’t give buyers now. Safety experts have said, “fly the airplane all the way to the crash” (when the plane stops moving), The expectation others make about the kit you wish to sell are based on the same uncertainty you have. by the way, right?
Didn’t mention but I DO have a kit that I’m working on, it’s affected by the same parts issues that concern you. It’s a kit that someone else abandoned years ago, life happened and he couldn’t build a dream at that time. It’s now an antique (-12ULS version in a -12iS world). But it can be rehabilitated, brought up to current specs, and used to finish someone’s dream. Parts replacement now is delayed, more expensive and potentially could become unavailable. Many unknowns and uncertain outcomes. Might be an aluminum ’boat anchor’ or remain a ‘hangar ornament‘ a conversation piece and learning experience.
I didn’t ask, why are you selling you kit? Did you decide to jump ship immediately and sell it all? Nobody jumped on the bargain? I’m not asking, just pondering, musing. We’ll have answers soon, and then can make informed decisions and take action. Ready, Set, G….
be optimistic and keep pounding those rivets.
The kit is for sale and you're right, buyers justifiably want the same answers. But my decision to file a claim has a deadline whereas the kit sale doesn't which is why I intend to file. This decision is the one that people are debating and need to make now.
I am selling the kit for many of the same reasons others on this forum are. Longer lead times, increased pricing, questionable management, and an unpredictable future. I actually even emailed Vans a week prior to them closing their doors to inquire about cancelling my remaining orders and was told there was a big management meeting the next week that may shed more answers for the LCP situation, so I held off and then CH11 was announced with no ability to cancel.
Fact is the dream is still viable for some, but for others it just doesn't make sense at this time. For those that it doesn't make sense, we have a lot to think about when filing a claim by the deadline.

I got my personalized list of potential LCPs on Thursday of last week. I had a couple of questions which were answered within a day or so. Was able to get confirmation that my QB Wings are LCP free. I was very happy to see Van’s has added several parts (like elevator skins) to the list of orderable parts that will be supplied at no charge. I had guessed that I would spend $500-$600 rebuilding my rudder, Vertical stab and elevators. Because of this new list it will cost me almost nothing to rebuild those parts.
I sent my list in over the weekend and got confirmation this morning. When I asked about timeline I was told that the parts would ship in the next 2-3 weeks

I am very please that Van’s is standing behind their product like this in these tough times. Crappy spot to be in but I have to say I was impressed with how well this worked out.

The kit is for sale and you're right, buyers justifiably want the same answers. But my decision to file a claim has a deadline whereas the kit sale doesn't which is why I intend to file. This decision is the one that people are debating and need to make now.
I am selling the kit for many of the same reasons others on this forum are. Longer lead times, increased pricing, questionable management, and an unpredictable future. I actually even emailed Vans a week prior to them closing their doors to inquire about cancelling my remaining orders and was told there was a big management meeting the next week that may shed more answers for the LCP situation, so I held off and then CH11 was announced with no ability to cancel.
Fact is the dream is still viable for some, but for others it just doesn't make sense at this time. For those that it doesn't make sense, we have a lot to think about when filing a claim by the deadline.
Understandable sentiments under the circumstances. I soloed in 1972, and quit after 16 hrs, was enlisted USAF and about to marry. My wife (now … 50 yrs of marriage, happiest 40 yrs of my life), suggested I might finish in 2005, and I did. Then 2006, older & wiser, started building the RV-6A. Phase 1 in 2017, and it’s been a joy to fly. An accomplishment that I cherish, thrilled on every flight. I don’t consider my decision in 1972, “giving up” but just re-prioritized my goals. Crewmember USAF in RC-135’s and KC-135’s, back then, and building/flying RV now is fantastic. When the time is right, you will find a way to rekindle the dreams. Your kit will fulfill someone else’s dream for now.

Last edited:
I got my personalized list of potential LCPs on Thursday of last week. I had a couple of questions which were answered within a day or so. Was able to get confirmation that my QB Wings are LCP free. I was very happy to see Van’s has added several parts (like elevator skins) to the list of orderable parts that will be supplied at no charge. I had guessed that I would spend $500-$600 rebuilding my rudder, Vertical stab and elevators. Because of this new list it will cost me almost nothing to rebuild those parts.
I sent my list in over the weekend and got confirmation this morning. When I asked about timeline I was told that the parts would ship in the next 2-3 weeks

I am very please that Van’s is standing behind their product like this in these tough times. Crappy spot to be in but I have to say I was impressed with how well this worked out.
This great to hear. Unfortunately, I think it is going to take some time for the rest of us to get a chance to experience the same. I hope it is sooner then I think, but there are a lot of impacted builders. I wish we could request the kit we would like replacement for. I'd like to move onto the wings (still in the create), and just start a new for a while before circling back to the Emp (mostly built).

I just received my detailed list for my empenage and wing kit. The wing kit is straight forward as this all came up before I started so there will be no deconstruction. The empenage kit though, is all built. I'm a bit confused on the gold parts. My are listed as N/A, is this because I'm not affected or because these are only replaced if I damage something? Do I have to damage something first or sending a picture of my completed VS/ rudder/ elevator/ tailcone good enough.

I just received my detailed list for my empenage and wing kit. The wing kit is straight forward as this all came up before I started so there will be no deconstruction. The empenage kit though, is all built. I'm a bit confused on the gold parts. My are listed as N/A, is this because I'm not affected or because these are only replaced if I damage something? Do I have to damage something first or sending a picture of my completed VS/ rudder/ elevator/ tailcone good enough.
I too just received my email for the empanage and wing kit. I believe the n/a represents these parts not being laser cut.

I ordered the gold parts I needed for the structures that I intend to rebuild. I got confirmation that they would be included no charge. Did no thave to prove they were damaged.

I just got my "We are reaching out to determine which parts you would like to request for replacement" email.

Just so I'm on the right page.... The previous exercise where we inventoried our kits and ordered our LCP replacements, is that all NOOP at this point? It seems like they would already know what parts I would like to request for replacement if they looked at that.

Oh well, repetition is good for the soul...

I just got my "We are reaching out to determine which parts you would like to request for replacement" email.

Just so I'm on the right page.... The previous exercise where we inventoried our kits and ordered our LCP replacements, is that all NOOP at this point? It seems like they would already know what parts I would like to request for replacement if they looked at that.

I think that initial portal gave them an idea of how many replacement parts they were going to need to produce based on the feedback from the affected customers. Since then, some people may have changed their minds on the green and blue parts, plus the parts list has changed for some kits, so a new order form is probably justified at this point.

Curious how everyone is listing the parts. I'm thinking of just filling out the Excel spread sheet and attaching it.

Curious how everyone is listing the parts. I'm thinking of just filling out the Excel spread sheet and attaching it.
That worked for me but I added a column for quantity and made sure I requested the amount of a specific part number I wanted and I put '0' for parts I didn't need from their spreadsheet. They filter out the zeros on the quantity column I added and what remained is how they downselected the parts I asked for. I also added a few 'golden parts' that weren't on their spreadsheet but that I needed and the agreed to them as well.

The new list is specific to your kit based on the LCPs that could have been in inventory on the day your kits were packed. They have also included a list of parts that they will replace because they will be damaged in the process. Think bonded elevator skins. The new list of parts that they will replace no-charge is significantly longer than in the last list a few months ago.

Last edited:
Tim, Did you receive an email with these parts listed? I have not seen anything, of course, mine is a QB wing?

I have several parts that are on the list for my RV8, but are wrapped in the blue vinyl protective coating. Was it ever finalized that these were not laser cut parts and i can use any part that is wrapped in the blue coating? If so I can keep on building, if not I'm at a standstill on my wing/aileron/flap production.

I have several parts that are on the list for my RV8, but are wrapped in the blue vinyl protective coating. Was it ever finalized that these were not laser cut parts and i can use any part that is wrapped in the blue coating? If so I can keep on building, if not I'm at a standstill on my wing/aileron/flap production.
Yes, all aluminum parts in blue protective wrap are NOT LCP. Build on!

Yes, it came via email. It IS NOT a list of laser cut parts in your kit. It is a list of parts that were being produced via laser cutting on the date that your kit was crated. They may have had punched and laser cut parts in stock, and it would have been random chance which the person packing your kit picked. It is up to you to decide which parts were laser cut and need replaced in your kit. For me, most that might have been laser cut were in fact laser cut, but not all. I did have a few that were punched.

I have yet to receive an email from Van's. I even had to contact them for the portal link, so I don't understand how they are missing customer notifications. I know they are going through a lot so I'm trying not to add to their headache but at what point do you say they've missed me again and bug them? From my standpoint this process seems like it's going forward at a snails pace and some items seem to be dropping through the cracks.

I have yet to receive an email from Van's. I even had to contact them for the portal link, so I don't understand how they are missing customer notifications. I know they are going through a lot so I'm trying not to add to their headache but at what point do you say they've missed me again and bug them? From my standpoint this process seems like it's going forward at a snails pace and some items seem to be dropping through the cracks.
Greg said in a post on VAF that the notification on LCPs would take weeks to months, not days. I wouldn’t worry (yet).

I submitted a claim for my delivered QB wings (Kent Colgan)

I received my e-mail on January 7th, they shipped around the 19th and were on my front porch by the 25th. Vans included all the extra pieces I needed from the “Store” in the boxes for me. They were extremely accommodating and helpful so I’m pretty happy that despite the bankruptcy Vans is still a very customer focused business. I hope you all get your parts soon so they we can all get back to building! IMG_4955.jpeg

I need a little guidance here. I ordered an RV-8 fuselage kit in 2022 and received it April 2023. It has LCP parts. I have not received a letter from Vans regarding which parts, particular to my kit, would be affected. Is Vans supposedly going to contact me with the list or do I need to contact them via the claim form? I have not started construction on this kit.

I need a little guidance here. I ordered an RV-8 fuselage kit in 2022 and received it April 2023. It has LCP parts. I have not received a letter from Vans regarding which parts, particular to my kit, would be affected. Is Vans supposedly going to contact me with the list or do I need to contact them via the claim form? I have not started construction on this kit.

Greg briefly addressed this in a post on another thread. Click on this link to read it (ignore the text seen here.)

I received my laser cut part email from Van's today with a link to the website to order my replacement parts. I was pleased to see the list of gold parts (parts Van's will replace if damaged in the rebuild process) is longer than I anticipated. However, there are still many parts not listed on the Van's web portal that I want to reorder. The website portal only allows me to order Red, Yellow, Blue, Green and Gold parts, but not any other parts that I have previously incorporated into my build. It also does not allow me to order the hardware bags to replace rivets, etc. previously used in construction. I sent an email to Van's, but while I wait for a response, how has everyone else dealt with this issue. Is Van's letting us order the additional parts in the same order so they all ship together?

I got the email with LCP but some I have them inside the QB parts and there are no instructions on how to replace them. It is harder to asses if I will damage something more as for example, I cannot imagine wing ribs are going to be easy to replace.

Is anyone facing this challenge? Do you submit a claim for the whole QB or ... ?

I received the email regarding LCP with a .pdf attachment listing suspected LCPs and a link with what I assume is a unique-to-me key. I clicked on the link and filled out the form. When I clicked on the Save Selections button on the bottom of the form, nothing seems to happen. Have others had the same experience, or a different experience?

Screenshot 2024-02-06 181203.jpg

I received my email regarding LCP today too. Over the past couple months, I correlated my kit shipment dates with the master LCP list and figured I may have, at most, 32 LCP’s in my -14A fuselage kit shipped April 2022. The email today had the exact same 32 parts listed. So that was encouraging. Then the hunt began to confirm the actual parts that I received. As much as I can tell, all 32 possible LCP’s were actually punched as they have all had blue film on them. Or at least the ones I still have not used. Of the unconfirmed parts that are already installed, I’m leaving them as is as I believe them to be punched and I would so much more damage removing them for no reason.

I received the email regarding LCP with a .pdf attachment listing suspected LCPs and a link with what I assume is a unique-to-me key. I clicked on the link and filled out the form. When I clicked on the Save Selections button on the bottom of the form, nothing seems to happen. Have others had the same experience, or a different experience?

View attachment 55610
I had the same experience. A little anticlimactic, but I went through the same link on a different device a few hours later and the parts I'd selected were on the saved list, so it seems to work. Hopefully this means we're on the short list for crating of remaining kits.

View attachment 55610
I have had the same experience today. My empennage and wing kit submissions work fine, but fuselage submissions consistently fail. The server appears to be having a problem with data changes. It responds consistently with a 500 (error) status code whenever something is changed and whenever the save button is pushed after something is changed. If the page is reloaded and the data remains unchanged, the server responds with a 200 (good) status code each time the Save button is pushed (pointless, but demonstrates something is awry).

I called and emailed Van’s seeking help; no response other than a ticket number so far.

I have had the same experience today. My empennage and wing kit submissions work fine, but fuselage submissions consistently fail. The server appears to be having a problem with data changes. It responds consistently with a 500 (error) status code whenever something is changed and whenever the save button is pushed after something is changed. If the page is reloaded and the data remains unchanged, the server responds with a 200 (good) status code each time the Save button is pushed (pointless, but demonstrates something is awry).

I called and emailed Van’s seeking help; no response other than a ticket number so far.
It depends on the parts selected. For me it was the 14 Fuz, and just some of the blue parts were causing the issue. I would get a 500 error when selecting the part to be added, and when trying to save. I called and let them know. They emailed someone on the site development/support team while I was on the phone.

It depends on the parts selected. For me it was the 14 Fuz, and just some of the blue parts were causing the issue. I would get a 500 error when selecting the part to be added, and when trying to save. I called and let them know. They emailed someone on the site development/support team while I was on the phone.
It appears it may be a unique part quantity issue. I am unable to select any combination of more than 71 unique parts (regardless of how many of a particular part I specify) for the fuselage kit.

Edit: I spoke to Van’s this morning and provided info/observations in case they may help isolate the issue. They said this happening to several people, and it may take a day or more before we receive an update (update, not necessarily a fix).

Last edited:

View attachment 55610
Some received a custom Excel file

It appears it may be a unique part quantity issue. I am unable to select any combination of more than 71 unique parts (regardless of how many of a particular part I specify) for the fuselage kit.

Edit: I spoke to Van’s this morning and provided info/observations in case they may help isolate the issue. They said this happening to several people, and it may take a day or more before we receive an update (update, not necessarily a fix).
Me too 71. I have 78. Won’t let me update it. Was extremely frustrating trying to figure out which 7 it was.

How exactly does a technical limit of random 71 become an issue????

The list was not “unique” other than my name was on it. There are lots of parts unique to the 8 or 8a. I had to figure out on my own which ones were which.

I appears they didn’t even try to take the all encompassing list and bounce it off the unique 8 or 8A lists. I wasted a lot of time looking for parts that don’t exist. After a few, I started to use ctrl f to search the build manual for the part number. Time consuming and unnecessary considering Vans has the parts lists.

The added bonus is the pleasure of buying the parts twice after all that frustration.

Me too 71. I have 78. Won’t let me update it. Was extremely frustrating trying to figure out which 7 it was.
The limit is clearly 71 unique parts per kit. I’ve reproduced the limit reliably on multiple devices using (my) multiple kits.

I don’t know what the backend (behind nginx) is using to process the data, but the consistency of the issue leads me to suspect a platform setting like a variable limit or payload size.

Back