What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KFNL meeting

TShort

Well Known Member
Anyone going to the meeting about hangars at KFNL this Thursday?

I'm looking at a job in Loveland and am going to the meeting to look at hangar possibilities. Anyone have any more info on this or planning on going to the meeting?

Thomas
-8 wings

KFNL Hangars

I will be there as I am a member of the group who set the meeting as well as VP of the FNL Pilots Association.

I'm not sure how many readers in this forum are located in, or interested in the Fort Collins - Loveland, Colorado area bit a little background is that hangars have been stalled here for about 5 years and the cities are now opening a limited parcel of land for hangar development; but the lease terms are rediculous. Our group was invited by the cities, to make a proposal to the cities, as to what is reasonable. We are working to create a more favorable lease as well as form condo associations to build the condo hangars, etc.

An interesting item is that the airport 20 year master plan shows an area specifically dedicated to homebuild/experimental/sport aircraft. Sort of like many small hangars with common larger work areas right now; but then I guess we get to define it's final form.

More info can be obtained at www.fnlpilots.org

bb

The Ft. Collins local newspaper (and I use the term very loosely) announced today the the Ft. Collins Downtown airport will be closing by Dec. 31st. If you want a hangar at Ft. Collins/Loveland airport, be hasty!!!

Jeff
Hangar 16T
KFNL

Back