What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kavlico fuel pressure sensors.

Arablenz

Dynon Kavlico service bulletin.
I would highly recommend that anyone with these older style Kavlico senders replace them.
I have been monitoring mine since the service bulletin came out before each flight with no leaks showing.
But today 20 minutes into flight my skyview announced that I had no fuel pressure and the big ❌ appeared. Everything seemed fine , I monitored my other engine instruments including fuel quantity and flow and all was fine so just thought an electrical fault. However 30 minutes later I got very strong fuel smell and on landing and decowling, found quite a lot of fuel stain on the left hand side of the engine compartment and noticed fuel dripping from the transducer.
When I turned fuel pump on and inspected there was a lot of fuel coming out of the inside of the sender where it plugs in to the electrical plug.
Lesson learned is I should have replaced when service bulletin made us aware of a potential issue, I thought continued inspection would suffice as engine only has 126 hours on it and was installed back in 2019.

Back