What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It's official 🥳

I figured I would share with the group my progress on my RV-3. Especially being the -3 thread doesn't see a whole lot of action. Basically I picked up this -3 about two years ago and was wrecked. Paperwork messed up and no log books. I had to build a new fuel tank, aleron, replace a rib, install new brakes and a handful of other things. I had to wait quite some time to get my transition training and tail wheel endorsement. Yesterday was my first flight and it went well. The strip where I did the work is to technical and very narrow so I flew it out to a proper location 30 miles away! This aircraft has been down for a good number of years so it's cool to get it back up and airworthy! I also want to thank everyone for the help along the way with the questions I have had. Oh and one last thing to mention, I did my transition training in a 7 and felt that the 3 is way easier to fly. 😁

Attachments

• 20230317_114321.jpg
    20230317_114321.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 352
RV-3B

Way to go. Perserverance pays off and looks great.

Let me know the flight characteristics so I start planning now.

That looks great Chris. Where are you based?.... OG31?
I have a place out on Crowfoot.

Last edited:
Nice looking RV-3! Someone put a lot of work into that slider. I'll bet it's fun to fly!

As the others have said, more pictures please!

Have you got a spinner for it?

Ed

Back