What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Installing Classis Aero Aviator Panels

tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
Classic is closed till Monday, so I am hoping the group the can help. Have people had luck using the rivet puller rivnuts to install the side panels?

I am having two problems:

1) It appears that after you set the rivnut, you need to screw in (not out) the reusable rivnut stem? Seems wrong, but I have set three and they all had to be screwed in (as opposed to out) to get it out.

2) General security of the rivnut. 2 of the 3 have not allowed the screw to thread in easily once installed, resulting in the rivnut just spinning.

I'm ready to bail and go with platenuts, but I'm just wondering if there is a technique I am missing?

Thanks,
Scott

You are probably pulling to hard with the rivet puller. It just has to be snug. My guess is that you are stretching the threads in the rivnut. Mine went in great. I did have to back out the stem with pliers once or twice.

I never installed the rivnuts on my Aviatior interior, and find that the velcro does a good enough job by itself.

Love the interior BTW.

Back