What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How wide is a rv6 elevator when installed?

According to the drawings the elevators are just over 100" tip to tip *before* adding the fibreglass tips. So add another... say 8" or so? That would be the same width as the horizontal stab.

Thanks. Yeah so just a tad wide for the highway. How hard to remove? 104” is legal limit on highway. So maybe without the tips it would go.

Thanks. Yeah so just a tad wide for the highway. How hard to remove? 104” is legal limit on highway. So maybe without the tips it would go.
It may not be legal but I know of several RV-6s that have been moved over the highway with the horizontal stabilizer installed on the fuselage. It is close enough, unless something goes wrong, the law enforcement most likely would not know.

Last year, I helped move one from MO to NC over the interstate highway.

IMG_2780.JPG

It may not be legal but I know of several RV-6s that have been moved over the highway with the horizontal stabilizer installed on the fuselage. It is close enough, unless something goes wrong, the law enforcement most likely would not know.

Last year, I helped move one from MO to NC over the interstate highway.

View attachment 54851
Very interesting thanks.

Back