What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help me identify this fuel cap! RV6A

roparent

I'm New Here
Good Morning RV aviators!

I am looking for some help in identifying these fuel caps on my RV6A. My Grandfather built this aircraft which had it's maiden flight in 2002, however the aircraft was sold a year and a half later due to medical issues. The aircraft went to another person for 14 years and he installed these fuel caps, however I cant find any documentation on them.

They are great caps and I would like to get another set, as over the years these ones appear to have hit the ground on a few occasions, and broken some of the plastic on the edges... The cap uses a twist mechanism with a rawl plug to ensure the cap is secured to the stock flange.

I figured that this group would for sure know of the cap manufacturer! Pictures attached. you can see the plastic is broken on this cap in a couple of places from being left on the wing and ultimately rolling off and hitting the ground.

Roger Parent
RV6A C-GELS
CNC3 - Brampton Caledon Airport

Attachments

• fuel-cap4-120x120.jpg
    fuel-cap4-120x120.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 326
  • cap1.jpg
    cap1.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 34
  • cap2.jpg
    cap2.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 31
  • cap3.jpg
    cap3.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 31
  • cap4.jpg
    cap4.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Good Morning RV aviators!

I am looking for some help in identifying these fuel caps on my RV6A. My Grandfather built this aircraft which had it's maiden flight in 2002, however the aircraft was sold a year and a half later due to medical issues. The aircraft went to another person for 14 years and he installed these fuel caps, however I cant find any documentation on them.

They are great caps and I would like to get another set, as over the years these ones appear to have hit the ground on a few occasions, and broken some of the plastic on the edges... The cap uses a twist mechanism with a rawl plug to ensure the cap is secured to the stock flange.

I figured that this group would for sure know of the cap manufacturer! Picture attached.

Roger Parent
RV6A C-GELS
CNC3 - Brampton Caledon Airport

That image is on a website that does fuel cap engraving. Maybe they can help.

Unless your Grandfather changed something in the tank construction, the default fuel capacity on the RV6(A) is 19 gallons (US) per side for a total of 38. The RV7/8 has 21 per side for a total of 42.

That image is on a website that does fuel cap engraving. Maybe they can help.

Unless your Grandfather changed something in the tank construction, the default fuel capacity on the RV6(A) is 19 gallons (US) per side for a total of 38. The RV7/8 has 21 per side for a total of 42.

You are indeed correct... I have searched the internet and that is the only place I can seem to find a picture of the caps I have on my aircraft... my tanks are 19 gallons as you have referenced. These fuel caps are great as zero water gets in the tank. To tighten the cap, you pop up the tab and then spin it clockwise to tighten the rawl plug which then makes contact with the bottom of the flange inside the tank. To release its the opposite. I'll add some additional pictures.

Thanks for the reply!

Back