What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Oil Temp Probe Wiring

rph142

Well Known Member
I replaced my Dynon oil temp sensor with the 2 wire GRT FT-LC-01 sensor. It has a gray and a black wire. Does anyone know which wire goes to ground? Maybe it doesn’t matter?

I replaced my Dynon oil temp sensor with the 2 wire GRT FT-LC-01 sensor. It has a gray and a black wire. Does anyone know which wire goes to ground? Maybe it doesn’t matter?
I wired the black wire to ground. Works as required.

I just replaced my original OT probe with the same GRT two-wire probe. I expected the black wire to be ground, but that was wrong. I got wildly incorrect temp readings on the EMS. Once I reversed the wires everything was right again. So in my implementation Gray goes to ground and Black connects to the EMS. Not sure why others have had a different experience. It would perhaps be a good idea to do a test lash up before committing to any wire runs or cutting conductors.

Last edited:
Pin 15, White, for OIL Temperature.

I think the reference was for "OT", not "OAT".

Thanks for the replies. I’m going to test wire it first to be sure. Installing the probe was tricky with the wires exiting the back. I had to notch a socket to allow the wires to exit.

I’m going to test wire it first to be sure. Installing the probe was tricky with the wires exiting the back. I had to notch a socket to allow the wires to exit.
I just used a box wrench because the probe is installed with a crush washer, finger tight plus 135 degrees, then safety wired. No leaks after three engine runs. I hope you’ll post what your test lash up reveals.

I installed and tested the probe this morning. Black to ground worked for me and the noise is completely gone.

Thanks for following up with your result. I wish I knew why my black to ground failed, but the switch to grey is working perfectly. Perhaps polarity doesn’t matter and I had a separate continuity issue that was fixed with the reversal. My readings from the probe are solid as well.

Back