What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G5 Software

smt6

Well Known Member
Did the G5 software revert to 8.3?

Was checking to see if I was on the current software, and my G5 showed I was on 8.41.

Should I go back to 8.3? Any help appreciated.

Did the G5 software revert to 8.3?

Was checking to see if I was on the current software, and my G5 showed I was on 8.41.

Should I go back to 8.3? Any help appreciated.
Good Afternoon,

No action necessary here. The G3X Touch software update includes LRU software that it distributes via CAN, including G5 software. The latest G3X Touch software version, 9.31, includes G5 software version 8.41.

Thanks,

Justin

If I have a standalone experimental G5, should/can I update to 8.41? I am currently running 8.3 as well

I have two G5s for the past 8 or so years. I do NOT do the update when it first comes out. I wait till I see something here about a new update then do it a few weeks later. NOW, I am wondering what version I have so walked out to hangar to check. I am still at 8.0. How I need to find out what changed and if I update soon or wait for a major revision.

G5 software.jpg

If I have a standalone experimental G5, should/can I update to 8.41? I am currently running 8.3 as well
Hi George, For your G5 system, you want to run the most up to date software available on the G5 software download page. You would not want to reference any LRU software included in a G3X Touch EFIS software loader card, if you do not have a G3X Touch. Coincidentally, we actually have a software update for EAB standalone G5's that will be made available very shortly, v8.44.

I have two G5s for the past 8 or so years. I do NOT do the update when it first comes out. I wait till I see something here about a new update then do it a few weeks later. NOW, I am wondering what version I have so walked out to hangar to check. I am still at 8.0. How I need to find out what changed and if I update soon or wait for a major revision.

View attachment 55596
Using the same link above, Click the Download button. You will find revision notes for each software version on this page.

Thanks,

Justin

Hi George, For your G5 system, you want to run the most up to date software available on the G5 software download page. You would not want to reference any LRU software included in a G3X Touch EFIS software loader card, if you do not have a G3X Touch. Coincidentally, we actually have a software update for EAB standalone G5's that will be made available very shortly, v8.44.

Using the same link above, Click the Download button. You will find revision notes for each software version on this page.

Thanks,

Justin
Curious why there is no email subscription list for updates on software. Or a pop-up during Nav database updates, informing new software has been released. Seems like a no-brainer.

Back