What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3x touch displays rx when sl30 transmits

William

Well Known Member
This aircraft is equipped with a g3x touch system and sl30 for com1 and remote mounted gtr-20 for com2. Issue I’m having is upon transmitting on com1 (sl30) the com2 (gtr-20) on the g3x touch screen is indicating RX and there is a loud squealing in the headset. I have the 245 audio panel audio set on com1 and com2; the mic is set to com1. Oddly when setting mic control to com2 there is a very faint squeal during transmitting on com2 and On the g3x touch screen when transmitting on com2 (gtr-20) the indication is correct stating tx on com2 but while transmitting on com2.

I do not have both mic control on com1 and com2 activated at the same time….only the audio. Any ideas?

Thanks
Bill

Bill,

Not sure if there are other things wrong here (such as antennas placed too close together), but you should always enable MUTE ON COM TX on the GMA 245 to make sure that you are not disturbed by the monitored COM when transmitting on another COM.

GMA245 DIP Switch.png
Steve

Bill,

Not sure if there are other things wrong here (such as antennas placed too close together), but you should always enable MUTE ON COM TX on the GMA 245 to make sure that you are not disturbed by the monitored COM when transmitting on another COM.

View attachment 59086
Steve
Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply; great point on the dip switch. I’ll be checking this shortly and hopefully that is the issue, seems plausible.

Bill

Back