What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Advanced Gauge Calibration ~ Logic Signals

Drum

At the risk of rehashing some recent posts, I was wondering if folks with EFIS (esp. G3X) are using the advanced gauge configuration settings much and if there are some imaginative uses of them. Thanks in advance.

In the G3X Installation Manual, revision AU, page 30-216, I read about some uses of advanced gauge config:

• Oil pressure alerts that are inhibited below a specific engine RPM
• Engine RPM limits that change based on oil temperature
• Alerts for prohibited combinations of engine RPM and manifold pressure
• Gauge range markings that appear only when a discrete input is active
• Discrete inputs that generate an alert only when another gauge is within a certain range
• Engine temperature limits that change after engine start or at high altitude
• Engine RPM or manifold pressure limits that change after a period of time ("5-minute takeoff power")
• Alerts for incorrect flap position based on airspeed
• Alerts for incorrect trim position prior to takeoff

Engine RPM or manifold pressure limits that change after a period of time ("5-minute takeoff power")
Well, I tried to program my 2050-2300 RPM max 5 minutes limitation, but without success.
Watching out, and thanks for starting the thread.

Well, I tried to program my 2050-2300 RPM max 5 minutes limitation, but without success.

Create a range from 2050-2300 RPM. The color of this range can be your choice, including "invisible" if you don't want to see it all the time. For "Mode" select "Set Logic Signal" and specify signal 1 (or whatever you want to use).

Create another range from 2050-2300 RPM whose type is "Yellow Range + Alert" or whatever you like. For "Mode" select "Require Logic Signal Set" and select signal 1.

Under the engine/airframe Settings tab, select "Logic Signals" and then for signal 1 change "Delay Before Set" to 300 seconds. You can optionally set a value for "Delay Before Clear" depending on what you want the minimum interval between 5-minute periods to be.

This will give you a yellow range with a CAS message that only appears after your RPM has been between 2050 and 2300 for 5 minutes.

All copied Matt, many thanks (again ;)).
I've tried a similar version which didn't work, most probably because it was dissimilar... I'll give it a go again then 🤞

Back