What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel pressure for FI system?

Paul K

Well Known Member
Quick question to check my data. What is the fuel pressure supposed to be? I am running the Silver Hawk system with the electric pump supplied by Vans plus a mechanical engine driven pump. I don't run the electric pump all the time and am getting high pressure warnings. My top limit is set at 40 lbs and it ocassionally goes up to 47 or 48psi. This didn't show up for the first two years but is becomming a regular event. Bad Sender???

Let me know if there is any additional information needed to figure this out.

Yes, a couple of pounds higher. It always has done this, that's how I check to see if it is working in flight.

I would try another sender or a direct mechanical gauge to compare. Mine reads 27 lbs normally. This is a Lyc 360 with Silverhawk injection and Vans (Airflow performance) boost pump.

When pumps fail, they would perform less "work" (pressure/flow), not more. Not always the case with senders.

Bevan

Last edited:
Quick question to check my data. What is the fuel pressure supposed to be? I am running the Silver Hawk system with the electric pump supplied by Vans plus a mechanical engine driven pump. I don't run the electric pump all the time and am getting high pressure warnings. My top limit is set at 40 lbs and it ocassionally goes up to 47 or 48psi. This didn't show up for the first two years but is becomming a regular event. Bad Sender???

Let me know if there is any additional information needed to figure this out.

Paul, almost for sure the pressure sensor is failing.

As Bevan mentioned the mechanical pump puts out about 27-28 psi, the electric pump a couple pounds more. If both are reading in the 40's the sensor is bad.

Thanks all, really appreciate the quick answer. I was guessing as much but always value the collective experience of this group to point out what I didn't think of.

Back