What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall fuel fitting clocking, conflicting instructions

Michael Burbidge

Well Known Member
I'm building an RV-14A. On page 31-05 of the instructions it says to install the fuel fitting on the firewall, prosealed and clocked to 25 degrees from the horizontal. So I did that. Then several days later, when I'm installing the fuel line from the fuel pump to the firewall fitting, it instructs to clock the same fitting (now prosealed) to 40 degrees from vertical. This is on page 31-11.

I must be misunderstanding something. Can you help explain the conflicting instructions?

Looking at the firewall foreward instructions, page 49-03, it looks more like 25 degrees from the horizontal will work, though it doesn't look terribly critical.

Thanks,
Michael-

I'm building an RV-14A. On page 31-05 of the instructions it says to install the fuel fitting on the firewall, prosealed and clocked to 25 degrees from the horizontal. So I did that. Then several days later, when I'm installing the fuel line from the fuel pump to the firewall fitting, it instructs to clock the same fitting (now prosealed) to 40 degrees from vertical. This is on page 31-11.

I must be misunderstanding something. Can you help explain the conflicting instructions?

Looking at the firewall foreward instructions, page 49-03, it looks more like 25 degrees from the horizontal will work, though it doesn't look terribly critical.

Thanks,
Michael-
I see this was already discussed. Page 31-05 is incorrect. Ugh!

Michael-

There's at least one 14 builder who checks the wiki before starting every section.

I have to make that a habit.;)

Back