What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Felts Field Washington

BruceEicher

Well Known Member
Weather permitting my son and I are going into Spokane in a week. Never been into Felts Field. They use R04 or L22 much or any? It would just be a quick drop, maybe lunch. Anything I should know? Where should I park? Must sees? Projects? Funny, I zoomed in on foreflight satellite view and it showed a fly-in taking place. Looked busy...

Hi Bruce,

I've only been there 1 time so I'm no expert, it was easy though. Tower had me land on 22L and the next morning had me take off from 4R. (So yes I'd say its definitely a runway they use.)
We didn't get to eat there but the Skyway Caf? looks like a great restaurant. It's right in the old terminal building near the tower.

Here is a little airport diagram I downloaded this Summer from Western Aviation that shows the parking. (Please note that the runway numbers are old.)

ksff.JPG

Typical tower controlled airport. Nothing exotic. Yes, most GA traffic uses 4R/22L.

Hopefully the weather in a week is better than it has been up here!

That's were I learned to fly. Coming from the south, a good chance you will use 4R/22L if during tower operating hours. Typically training patterns are done on 4L/22R as well as transient traffic coming from anywhere on the north side so the controllers regularly use the south parallel runaway for transients coming from the south. No big deal, though, plenty long enough. If you are concerned, ask them for the longer runway. They have always been accommodating in my experience. Then, once you land, just let them know you want to park at the terminal/tower. Free short-term transient parking.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I was reading airport info that it was a hot spot for taxi incursions so I wanted to anticipate the runways in use. The South runway will be just fine, and keep the taxi to a minimum.
I'll check out the restaurant...

Made the hop...

...for a great day crossing Washington State.

Selfie with son...
28k3v3s.jpg

Mt. Hood, snowboarding soon!
k1c1ag.jpg

Peeked in the windows, but no one home.
Great new digs for EAA chapter 79!
Next time I would love to "belly up" to your bar. :)
20itcf8.jpg

And now the return trip into the sun...
vq38gm.jpg

v2xljd.jpg

ao510x.jpg

Nick will need a ride home in a week or two if anyone from Spokane, Wenatchee, or Cashmere is heading this way. He will be spending time with family in both areas...

Back