What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Faucet Fuel Pump Fittings

s10sakota

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I've purchased a Faucet fuel pump from Vans to use on a Zenith Super Duty (high wing) with an O-360 carb engine.

If you installed a Faucet pump, I'm wondering how you connected the fuel line to the pump. Did you use a fuel line with a male end that screws directly into the pump, or is there a fitting that goes in the pump, and then you used a hose with the standard female end?

Thanks!!

PS: pics are a bonus! :D

Another Faucet question...

If I remember correctly when I built my RV-7 the fuel lines were 3/8" which have a 5/16" I.D.

The faucet fuel pump has a smaller opening and it uses an NPT 1/8 fitting. But that fitting has an ID of about 1/8".

What's the point of having the 3/8" fuel line if the pump is going to bottle next the flow?

I'm not sure if I want to install this pump now. If you used a Faucet pump from Vans, are you OK with the smaller fitting sizes?

Last edited:
Not sure which model number you have but I used the Facet cube pump with the #6 AN male nipples integrated into the unit (40108). It was used as a pusher pump to help prime my EFI pumps, but when not running presented no perceptible restriction to flow - sometimes close to 30GPH on takeoff.

Last edited:
In the Vans world we would be running aluminum fuel lines to it, so an AN815 flared nipple would be screwed in there followed by the flared line, sleeve & nut.
If the Zenith planes use hose for fuel lines, than an appropriate (for your fuel hose type) nipple would be screwed in there. Also Vans & ACS catalogues list more than 30 gph flows for that pump.

Facet fuel pump fittings

AN6 fittings, various kinds available. you can get custom-made hoses at: aircraftspecialty.com

Attachments

• Aeroquip fitting.jpg
    Aeroquip fitting.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 10
AN6 fittings, various kinds available. you can get custom-made hoses at: aircraftspecialty.com

Note the Facet 40135 pump in Vans catalogue appears to be female for a 1/8 pipe fitting (& note that recommended only up to 160hp)

I'm not sure what the 40108 supersedes to which had bigger inlet & outlet. Can't see anything in ACS & not listed on Vans anymore.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the 40108 supersedes to which had bigger inlet & outlet. Can't see anything in ACS & not listed on Vans anymore.

The 40108 from Van’s had 3/8” male AN fittings a was used on Lycoming powered RV’s. It seems to be recently discontinued (I purchased one in May this year). I didn’t find a replacement listed (yet?) on Van’s web store. May be worth a call to learn if one will be added.

The 40135 still available from Van’s is listed as having 1/8” NPT (female) threads. It’s used for the Rotax powered RV12. So the fittings you use will vary with the specific Facet pump you have.

Good luck if you need a 40108. While lots of different Facet pumps are available from many suppliers, I was only able to find the 40108 from Van’s, and that seems to no longer be an option.

Peter

I saw some 40108 pumps listed on eBay & other locations. Might be an idea to pick up a spare before stocks deplete as I don't see a replacement solution.

If anyone posts a picture of the pump that's needed I'll go to the hangar and check 2 pumps that I bought a while ago and never used.

That particular pump is for a carbureted engine. If yours is injected, you need a different one with higher pressure.

Dave

This is the 2 pump setup I bought some time ago and never used Walbro GSL392

Attachments

• IMG_8030.jpg
    IMG_8030.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8032.jpg
    IMG_8032.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8034.jpg
    IMG_8034.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 9