What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F4 Rocket Lite

F4

Mark is getting some legs made up as we speak. The guy that makes gear legs for the RV series is making the F4 legs as well. They will not be made from titanium as the price is getting too high. Mark has noticed the large amount of interest in this project which will hopefully keep things moving along. There is a lot of work to be done with respect to providing a full parts built airplane. All of the F1's are quick builds but in order to keep prices down, the F4 could be done as a slow build unless someone just couldn't wait. Thanks, Aden Rich.

RV-8 Ugly?

A lot of ugly shots at the poor -8 here. Each to their own I guess. My own top five is as follows:

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.V
Canadair Sabre Mk.6
Vans RV-8
NA P-51
DH Vampire FB.5 (yes, I know it doesn't seem to fit, but I also think the A-10 is a great looking machine)

Now the -8a, that's how to make a sow's ear out of a designer purse. That nosewheel is the equivalent of a roof box on a Ferrari 250 GTO.

Anyway, I love the -4 for it's ability, but to me it's not as clean as the -8. Cheek cowls and a bubble canopy don't seem to mix to me.

But then what do I know, I fly an ugly green eggbeater for a living.

The Price is Right...

Mark, if the F4 proves popular, what would a ballpark $$$ be? I'm interested...
Merry Christmas!

RR

BTW Stan, I disagree with your list, here's mine:The coolest looking and flying airplanes I have been blessed to fly:

F-16C Block 30 BI
Harmon Rocket 2
RV4
Clip-Tcraft

Last edited:
Back