What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eyeball Vents included in Finish Kit?

jimzap

Before I spend the $$$ on the eyeball vents, can anyone verify they are not part of the RV-9A finish kit?

Thanks

Before I spend the $$$ on the eyeball vents, can anyone verify they are not part of the RV-9A finish kit?

Thanks
On my 7, the actual vents were not included. I assume it’s the same for the 9. I received my finish kit last fall. Maybe they changed what’s included through the reorg? I ended up buying some nice aluminum ones.

Same on my 7. The finish kit included the NACA vents and the duct hose, but the solution for the panel was a couple of el cheapo plastic funnel looking things with no louvers or even provisions for shutting off the airflow.

There was however a nice note in the kit saying that the plastic eyeballs were no longer available and there were aftermarket solutions...

Same on my 7. The finish kit included the NACA vents and the duct hose, but the solution for the panel was a couple of el cheapo plastic funnel looking things with no louvers or even provisions for shutting off the airflow.

There was however a nice note in the kit saying that the plastic eyeballs were no longer available and there were aftermarket solutions...
Get aluminum ones! Last forever and work way better than the plastic......things...... 😊

Thanks
I don't know that Vans provides any eyeball vents in any of the kits. You get the NACA inlets though.

The plastic ones provided with my 9A kit were very low quality. Vans black 3D printed ones are very nice and not too spendy.

Back