What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EVOKE Paint schedule swap

CJT

I have slot scheduled for July 2026, but my aircraft is going to be ready by July 2024
Anyone with early slot, but lagging behind due to any reason be kind enough to swap the schedule?

I would just call Jonathan, last I spoke with him they were so busy there wouldn't be any problem filling your slot with one of those in the queue.

A comparable paint job can be scheduled at FulltronAviation.com. Mine is 651SLon their site. You can probably schedule within the next couple of months until the word gets out. Price is somewhat cheaper.

A comparable paint job can be scheduled at FulltronAviation.com. Mine is 651SLon their site. You can probably schedule within the next couple of months until the word gets out. Price is somewhat cheaper.
Thanks, I talked to them. Appear very reasonable and courteous. Will visit them to see their facility

I'm curious, and I don't mean to sidetrack the thread, part of what makes Evoke interesting to me is that they'll fix pinholes and mistakes in alignment of fiberglass parts (of course, at a cost). Is this pretty standard from high quality paint shops?

I'm curious, and I don't mean to sidetrack the thread, part of what makes Evoke interesting to me is that they'll fix pinholes and mistakes in alignment of fiberglass parts (of course, at a cost). Is this pretty standard from high quality paint shops?
My paint shop (T&P at Salinas, CA) has a reasonable built-in allowance as part of the service package for cleaning up the fiberglass prior to painting. I delivered mine with fiberglass in reasonable shape, but they took it the next mile and made it look really nice. No extra charge.

I’ve always fixed pinholes as just part of the job. Actually I prefer to do it. That way I know for certain that products and methods used will get along with the paint.

Evoke will fix pinholes, insure alignment, etc. as part of their costs. They even removed my primer on the fiberglass parts to ensure that everything was properly scuffed (Under my primer !!) No additional cost. Great folks to work with.

Fulltron plans on there being pinholes and minor fitment adjustments to be made on the fiberglass and some minor bucking dents in the aluminum that is included in the price.any additional cost will be discussed on our first inspection of the plane at a very reasonable agreed upon price.We also have a very accomplished IA and A&P on staff that will go over your plane also during disassembly and assembly and advise the owner if it needs to be addressed.

Back