What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ed McGowin 3/29/24 crash

Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
FYI
For the hundreds of pilots that built RV tail sections at Griffin,Ga with Ed McGowin and Ron Alexander just wanted to report that Ed is out of the hospital following his crash of his RV9A. This was his second flight and i was with the NTSB Monday at Ed’s hanger.
Ed is in rehab in Cumming, Ga for a while.
No determination why his engine quit but the NTSB believes it was a malfunction. They took parts for the fuel system to have evaluated.

For those of you that don’t know Ed has taught the sheet metal class for decades with the EAA all over the country and at Oshkosh yearly

Jack

FYI
For the hundreds of pilots that built RV tail sections at Griffin,Ga with Ed McGowin and Ron Alexander just wanted to report that Ed is out of the hospital following his crash of his RV9A. This was his second flight and i was with the NTSB Monday at Ed’s hanger.
Ed is in rehab in Cumming, Ga for a while.
No determination why his engine quit but the NTSB believes it was a malfunction. They took parts for the fuel system to have evaluated.

For those of you that don’t know Ed has taught the sheet metal class for decades with the EAA all over the country and at Oshkosh yearly

Jack
Keep us posted. Ed is a good guy and lived within walking distance of me in Acworth for years...

Back