What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Doubler for antenna grounding

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I have the interior primed. Located and drilled three doubler plates. I was going to sand some paint off of the primed surface under the doubler. The doubler will also be riveted to the structure and the exterior is unpainted so the four rivets will ground it also.

Question: if I want to put some paste or other conductive agent between the doubler and the fuse what is inexpensive and effective. I imagine I might not even need it but curious.

No need to sand off the primer. Install it with nutplates so you can easily remove the antenna and the rivets will ground everything.

Vic

Of course.... but that won't work for the Delta-Pop antennas I was planning to use. The studs are already on the antenna..... But I get the idea. The doubler is riveted in the corners; and you don't think more is needed.

For an antenna with studs, add a star washer under the stud nut (between the doubler and nut on the inside of the fuselage).

Carl

Back