What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Documenting LCP removal and repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmattmul

Well Known Member
Not sure the best method to document LCP removal and would appreciate input. I’ve started with making copies of shipping invoices showing dates sent as a way to exclude some of my kits and having said invoices notarized. I know almost everything can be forged but with that adds at a minimum some liability. I’ve been taking pictures of parts as they arrive. (Blue film exposed) Like others have said 10 years from now will get more difficult to prove parts were truly replaced.

Last edited:
Not sure the best method to document LCP removal and would appreciate input. I’ve started with making copies of shipping invoices showing dates sent as a way to exclude some of my kits and having said invoices notarized. I know almost everything can be forged but with that adds at a minimum some liability. I’ve been taking pictures of parts as they arrive. (Blue film exposed) Like others have said 10 years from now will get more difficult to prove parts were truly replaced.
If you are really worried about the dates of the orders, Van's can provide you, at the completion of the build, a certified business record of every invoice they have ever provided for you. They did that for me years ago 10+ years ago.

I was not the best at keeping records of my build. I am changing that now and will take photos of the parts I'm using so that I can document it. It's mostly for myself in case there are future issues. No LCP parts will be used. Even easily replaceable parts will be tossed. It's not just the replacing but the time involved with prep/paint in the future.

I think most buyers will do very little due diligence as to whether LCP were used, unless we start to see the crack propagate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back